Gunnar's bat won us two games on the road.

Roy Firestone

He's still got a long way to go...defensively in the first inning today, he pulled up on a ball that would've been a force out, and might've stopped a big inning...but he more than made up for it with that opposite field HR in the 8th. He also helped us win the game in SF with a HR. So, all things considered, Gunnar is making an impact and we need to let him grow and become a force, probably at SS.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

He's still got a long way to go...defensively in the first inning today, he pulled up on a ball that would've been a force out, and might've stopped a big inning...but he more than made up for it with that opposite field HR in the 8th. He also helped us win the game in SF with a HR. So, all things considered, Gunnar is making an impact and we need to let him grow and become a force, probably at SS.

How many wins did it cost us, though? :)

52 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Dude you were crying about turning the game off after trailing 3-0 very early in the game. Why do you give up so easily?

well, for one thing, Im sick as a dog, dude...I have Covid and got 3 hours sleep last night...and also, it's my perogative to turn a game off when ever I want and turn it back on later in the game...I didnt "give up", I went to bed...

Edited by Roy Firestone
  • Upvote 3

Feel better, Roy.

As is so often the case, good thing for an Oriole hitter that there batted ball was on the road.

Home Run - (29)

Ballpark
109.svg
 ARI - Chase Field
144.svg
 ATL - Truist Park
111.svg
 BOS - Fenway Park
112.svg
 CHC - Wrigley Field
113.svg
 CIN - Great American Ball Park
114.svg
 CLE - Progressive Field
115.svg
 COL - Coors Field
145.svg
 CWS - Guaranteed Rate Field
116.svg
 DET - Comerica Park
117.svg
 HOU - Minute Maid Park
118.svg
 KC - Kauffman Stadium
108.svg
 LAA - Angel Stadium
119.svg
 LAD - Dodger Stadium
146.svg
 MIA - loanDepot park
158.svg
 MIL - American Family Field
142.svg
 MIN - Target Field
121.svg
 NYM - Citi Field
147.svg
 NYY - Yankee Stadium
133.svg
 OAK - Oakland Coliseum
143.svg
 PHI - Citizens Bank Park
134.svg
 PIT - PNC Park
135.svg
 SD - Petco Park
136.svg
 SEA - T-Mobile Park
137.svg
 SF - Oracle Park
138.svg
 STL - Busch Stadium
139.svg
 TB - Tropicana Field
140.svg
 TEX - Globe Life Field
141.svg
 TOR - Rogers Centre
120.svg
 WSH - Nationals Park

Not a Home Run - (1)

Ballpark
110.svg
 BAL - Oriole Park at Camden Yards
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Gunnar looks to me like a major league hitter with his build,  and I am disappointed in him so far this year, but far from writing him off.  

I would hope no one is close to writing him off considering he hasn't been bad.  His .732 OPS is right at the team average and puts him fifth out of qualifying players, ahead of both Mountcastle and Urias.  

It's a long season. He's still a ROY candidate. 

• Upvote 1

Roy

Hope you are feeling better and get well quick. I turned it off too but not for being sick reason. When you live in Northern Vermont there are two things you have to do. 1. Get ready for winter. 2. Endure winter. So, when they were down 3-0 after one inning, I went to my "to do" list knowing if they came back to win I could watch the condensed version. Wife got to watch replay of Gunner's homer. She's happy! I'm happy! I see a Gunner jersey on the Christmas list.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I would hope no one is close to writing him off considering he hasn't been bad.  His .732 OPS is right at the team average and puts him fifth out of qualifying players, ahead of both Mountcastle and Urias.  

It's a long season. He's still a ROY candidate. 

Except Gunnar is younger than any other Orioles player and he should only improve with experience. Also he’s likely going to add some more muscle as he ages into his mid twenties. 

I don’t know if Gunnar will ever be an MVP candidate, but his future is bright. 

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't think I have ever disagreed with your take in almost 20 years here on OH, but Roy, Gunnar's future is 3B IMHO and just like his bat, we need to let his glove grow as well at the position he will man at his HOF induction as an O 20+ yeas from now. I'm 73 and I intend to see that, wanna join me in Cooperstown, I'll pay??????? lol 😂 

Get better soon!