Postion players aren't the problem

Baltimorecuse

52 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The problem with that stat is that the first month really helps it. They were 11th in May and 22nd so far in June.

There is also the idea that many of the regulars have a (recent) history of not hitting well and don’t figure to get better.

That's the problem of using stats without reference which is why I'm not a big fan of stats until they play 162.  But I got flamed for that.

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you are just making stuff up and ignoring data.

Thanks for confirming.

Data is a tool used by human brains. The data says a lot of things that end up completely untrue in all walks of life.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I disagree entirely.  There are guys in the minors that could quite possibly help this team today.

I will agree with the premise that just because this team is sputtering a bit from an offensive perspective right now, it doesn't mean they can't go on a heater moving forward as presently constructed.

It would stack the cards in their favor if they promoted Westburg and Cowser and maybe even Kjerstad later this summer if he's raking in Norfolk.  All three of those players could be upgrades over what we have.

Cutting the fat and getting rid of Mountcastle and Frazier (I know, he's here to stay) and possibly Mateo would go a long way in helping this offense find more consistency.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I disagree entirely.  There are guys in the minors that could quite possibly help this team today.

I will agree with the premise that just because this team is sputtering a bit from an offensive perspective right now, it doesn't mean they can't go on a heater moving forward as presently constructed.

It would stack the cards in their favor if they promoted Westburg and Cowser and maybe even Kjerstad later this summer if he's raking in Norfolk.  All three of those players could be upgrades over what we have.

Cutting the fat and getting rid of Mountcastle and Frazier (I know, he's here to stay) and possibly Mateo would go a long way in helping this offense find more consistency.

I thought Stowers was a stud.  I really did.  Now, it's not so much.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're a very silly human.

Aren't we all? What kind of grown man comes onto an internet forum to talk about how much we love a bunch of sweaty grown men standing around, spitting on the grass, grabbing their crotch and swinging a wooden bat at a little ball?

Just now, Mr-splash said:

Aren't we all? What kind of grown man comes onto an internet forum to talk about how much we love a bunch of sweaty grown men standing around, spitting on the grass, grabbing their crotch and swinging a wooden bat at a little ball?

Sure, we all are.

However if you just want to dismiss data for some reason, I suppose you wouldn't argue with a lineup that has Mountcastle leading off and batting Hays and Adley 8th and 9th.  

No one is suggesting data is perfect, especially when it comes to baseball.  You're kind of making a straw-man argument.  But what data does do, especially in baseball, is help play the odds and there's nothing wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

You should see what my wife thinks of sports. 

The Boys of Summer nailed it.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, we all are.

However if you just want to dismiss data for some reason, I suppose you wouldn't argue with a lineup that has Mountcastle leading off and batting Hays and Adley 8th and 9th.  

No one is suggesting data is perfect, especially when it comes to baseball.  You're kind of making a straw-man argument.  But what data does do, especially in baseball, is help play the odds and there's nothing wrong with that.

You're silly too

Just now, Baltimorecuse said:

You should see what my wife thinks of sports. 

The Boys of Summer nailed it.

Any serious introspective analysis of baseball/Orioles fandom would show that being a baseball fan is objectively stupid. Really? Being this invested in sweaty grown men spitting, crotch grabbing and swinging a wooden bat and running around a square. It's ridiculous. 

And so what? Like that is going to stop me. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I sure am, but I'm just lowering myself to your standard here in this argument.  

You still haven't produced a coherent and convincing argument about the use of data.  

Who is the arbiter of what a convincing argument is? I do not think that Moose Milligan on Orioles Hangout has an opinion that amounts to a hill of beans. What do I care?