Elias & Prospect Promotion

casadeozo

44 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

The “tHeY WiLl StRugGle” excuse is just as stupid as the they will lose their trade value excuse 

It really is a mystery why Westburg hasnt been promoted. "They will struggle" is just as good a reason as any. I am starting to get the feeling Westburg will stay down until he is forced to be protected from rule 5 next year.

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It really is a mystery why Westburg hasnt been promoted. "They will struggle" is just as good a reason as any. I am starting to get the feeling Westburg will stay down until he is forced to be protected from rule 5 next year.

I have a feeling that will happen with most guys. They won't promote them unless they are forced to by the rule 5 or they turn 25. They obssess over 40 man spots even though their are still several guys that can go and won't be missed. They keep all these scrub picthers on their who never come up or come up and then don't picth and are sent down a day later. They seem to just want to hoard prospects. People can say we will trade for picthing, will we though? Are we really going to trade Westburg for the Jordan Montgomery's and Rich Hill's of the world? 

Edited by Orioles0615

29 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I have a feeling that will happen with most guys. They won't promote them unless they are forced to by the rule 5 or they turn 25. They obssess over 40 man spots even though their are still several guys that can go and won't be missed. They keep all these scrub picthers on their who never come up or come up and then don't picth and are sent down a day later. They seem to just want to hoard prospects. People can say we will trade for picthing, will we though? Are we really going to trade Westburg for the Jordan Montgomery's and Rich Hill's of the world? 

I hope that we are able to do better than Montgomery for Westburg (or a package that Westburg is not included in). 

Listening to Elias’ comments yesterday, it sounds like that there is some market uncertainty given the amount of teams who are not out of it yet or who have decided to be sellers. He did hint that they would be looking at players with more years of control because he believes that the team will be good for the next few years. I thought (I am pretty sure) that I heard him use the word “window” while talking about this.

I know Bowden said Sunday and reiterated on yesterday that there may be some buyer to buyer trades. Meaning Major League players would be traded for other Major Leaguers. The example cited on 105.7 to him was Bieber from CLE going to BAL for a Mountcastle+. He didn’t really green light that but he said that could be an example of a team with more starting pitching trading to a team with more hitting.

27 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I'm hoping the reason is that he's waiting for the Super 2 deadline to pass in a week or two.

I don’t think we disagree then… I think the fact that we have decent players already and are winning made it a situation that guys like Westburg had to beat the door down. Now that he’s done that and you see where the calendar is, things like Super 2 factor in.