Bautista vs. other closers

Frobby

1 minute ago, Spakman said:

I was always against changing the integrity of the game, but the rules have  made the game better and more enjoyable. I enjoyed knowing that the game will be over before 10 PM if they start at seven.

I agree completely! I love all of the rule changes to the game. Baseball finally decided to make adjustments in order to be relevant to the modern times.

Hey at least we know when to use our closer .Mets fans .....Mets beat Writers and Mets tv play-by-play announcers wondering why he (Buck Showalter) let Phillies win game on their last at-bat (Phillies Scored 4 runs on 1 base hit  ....5 Walks and 2 hit batters) .Mets closer was warming but Buck never put him in the game .......Mets lost by blowing 3 run lead Phillis last at bat .

Just now, HOF19 said:

Hey at least we know when to use our closer .Mets fans .....Mets beat Writers and Mets tv play-by-play announcers wondering why he (Buck Showalter) let Phillies win game on their last at-bat (Phillies Scored 4 runs on 1 base hit  ....5 Walks and 2 hit batters) .Mets closer was warming but Buck never put him in the game .......Mets lost by blowing 3 run lead Phillis last at bat .

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree completely! I love all of the rule changes to the game. Baseball finally decided to make adjustments in order to be relevant to the modern times.

I thought I would like some and really dislike others. Turns out I like most of them. But then again, we re winning a lot so not a lot to hate about things haha. 

3 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I thought I would like some and really dislike others. Turns out I like most of them. But then again, we re winning a lot so not a lot to hate about things haha. 

I'm fine with all of them except the ghost runner. 

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Of course you are a millennial, I just laid out a problem with extra inning games and you didn’t address it because you had no answer for it. 

The problem being what? Using too many pitchers? Eventually a long man is used and the next day both teams would bring up pitchers from the minors to deal with it. It was a problem that was easily solved. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with all of them except banning the shift.

Hey let's reward one dimensional hitters and punish teams that want to take risks on defense.

Oh I forgot about that. I don't like that one either. 

Just now, dystopia said:

The problem being what? Using too many pitchers? Eventually a long man is used and the next day both teams would bring up pitchers from the minors to deal with it. It was a problem that was easily solved. 

The main problem being that at some point you want the game to be over so you can do something else you planned to do, or go to sleep.  But the stress on a pitching staff is a problem too.