Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

9/9 today, 113 rarity score

Spoiler

Nolan Ryan, Dave Stewart, Fergie Jenkins

Howard Johnson, David Wells, Jack Morris

David Cone, Roger Clemens, Dwight Gooden

Really wanted to see if I could make it all pitchers but couldn't figure out a pitcher for the Mets/Tigers, totally blanking on Max Scherzer and Verlander.  The immortal Dotel would have made it work, as would have Jose Lima, Hideo Nomo, Rick Porcello and Frank Tanana.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 today, 113 rarity score

Hide contents

Nolan Ryan, Dave Stewart, Fergie Jenkins

Howard Johnson, David Wells, Jack Morris

David Cone, Roger Clemens, Dwight Gooden

Really wanted to see if I could make it all pitchers but couldn't figure out a pitcher for the Mets/Tigers, totally blanking on Max Scherzer and Verlander.  The immortal Dotel would have made it work, as would have Jose Lima, Hideo Nomo, Rick Porcello and Frank Tanana.

I had completely forgot that 

Spoiler

Nolan Ryan was drafted by the Mets. I actually tried to use him as my Texas 20 game winner and failed.

40 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I had completely forgot that 

Hide contents

Nolan Ryan was drafted by the Mets. I actually tried to use him as my Texas 20 game winner and failed.

I was blanking in that square for a few minutes and then it hit me.  Was trying to go for someone obscure but no one was coming to mind. And then all of a sudden I realized the most obvious choice. 

• Upvote 1

I picked a Toronto pitcher who maxed out at 198 K’s.  Screw him!   By the same token, I picked a Mets pitcher who had one 205 K season, so I got lucky there.  I have this pathological tendency to want to get rare answers, rather than ones I’m certain are correct.  I had two answers below 0.1% today, and bother at 0.7%.   

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I picked a Toronto pitcher who maxed out at 198 K’s.  Screw him!   By the same token, I picked a Mets pitcher who had one 205 K season, so I got lucky there.  I have this pathological tendency to want to get rare answers, rather than ones I’m certain are correct.  I had two answers below 0.1% today, and bother at 0.7%.   

Stieb?