Wednesday, July 5: Colton Cowser makes major league debut as O's try to right the ship in NY

SteveA

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The time spent at AAA playing everyday was not a waste. They were learning. You had Mateo hit like an All Star in April. Things eventually played themselves out like they always would. Need depth to get thru season. Not like OF hasn’t played well. Even Hicks. 

I can understand that way of thinking.  At the same time I think the more at bats and experience the AAA youngsters get at the ML level?

The better imo.

I trained race horses for 25 years and even with the 2 year old fillies and colts....if they showed talent?  They raced.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Or it was a waste and they could have learned in the majors.

How's promoting guys directly from AA going for the Braves?

Who other than Harris did the call up?  The Braves also had a huge hole in OF at the time. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I can understand that way of thinking.  At the same time I think the more at bats and experience the AAA youngsters get at the ML level?

The better imo.

I trained race horses for 25 years and even with the 2 year old fillies and colts....if they showed talent?  They raced.

We had established players here. It’s not like 2012 when Manny came up early due to a huge hole at 3rd. They still raced. They just did it at AAA.  

I think if Mateo doesn’t have his April Westburg would have been up sooner. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, that's going to happen.

But I highly doubt he's going to suffer long term because of it (as some folks here think is a risk)

I don’t think his talent level is as high as the others that they’ve promoted from AA, and they were kind of forced into it by Albies injury last year. Regardless, I agree that the promotion won’t have a negative impact on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

We had established players here. It’s not like 2012 when Manny came up early due to a huge hole at 3rd. They still raced. They just did it at AAA.  

I think if Mateo doesn’t have his April Westburg would have been up sooner. 

Mateo should have, imo, been moved in the offseason.

• Thanks 1