The O’s take Enrique Bradfield Jr. (CF) from Vandy

banks703

3 minutes ago, Winter said:

speed 

He’s got sneaky pop that I think can be unlocked into 15+ homer seasons but yeah the speed is 70+. Plus Plus defense in Center. He’s the CF of the future. 

I expect him to advance through the system very fast. 

If they wanted to use a 40 man roster spot, he could be a Terrance Gore type in the playoffs as soon as this year. Probably not worth using the 40-man roster spot, but as a playoff pinch runner and outfield defensive replacement, he could contribute immediately. 

Interesting pick. I’d have expected a more balanced player but hey, elite defense and speed? The 40 arm is concerning though. Sounds like his floor is a Mateo type player but at a different position. Not exciting but feels like a safe bet

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

My bet is that between now and OD 2024 Elias is going to fill the minors  and maybe the majors with pitchers.

I think so too. I think his strategy is poach other teams pitchers he likes in the minors vs trying to draft them. If we are really good at developing position players, we can trade for the pitchers already succeeding in the minors on other teams that have developed that much farther along than a HS or a college pitcher. Guys like Povich, Seth Johnson, etc