Monday July 17: Dodgers in town for 3

SteveA

After every inning, the umps check the pitcher's glove and hand and anything they can think of, just to make sure he didn't have a chance of sneaking an illegal pitch in there.

Then I watch Vesia lick his fingers, and lick his fingers again (not that he's the only one who does this), and then strike Rutschman out.

Wonder how long it's been since any pitcher was called for throwing a spitball?

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

At least Cano and Bautista get another day off.  This offense is the toughest we have faced.  No easy outs. Tons of tough at-bats.  Some others have more raw talent, but this one grinds you up. 

Atlanta was just like this imo. Almost no weaknesses.

Like Vesia, both Brusdar and Evan P. pitched both SAT/SUN.

I took a walk when Baker was called in, but in looking at the boxscore I see no error was given Hicks for failing to catch that first play in the 6th.

Baker's been flirting with it awhile but it has basically gotten to the point I don't have much taste for him in the 13 pitchers at all come August 2nd.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Take this comment as being rude. But there is zero and I mean ZERO chance our starting 1st baseman and 4 hitter is traded. 
    • I’ve been intrigued by him since we drafted him. The k rate and ground ball rate is nice. Still a pretty high walk rate (5+ per 9). I wouldn’t mind him getting a look at some point, similar to krook, just to see how his stuff plays. We don’t have a ton of high k guys in the pen. His ability to provide length isn’t a bad thing either. 
    • I’m a bit confused by this post. Rainer is projected to be gone by 12 at the latest. He’s not going to be there at 22, and would be a huge OVERSLOT if he somehow was there. Mentioned in the same sentence as bonemer who was projected as a first round pick at one point but has fallen significantly. He could be an underslot, but the value of going underslot isn’t nearly as high at 22 as it is in the top 10 where you can save significant money.    I also don’t get the connection with Griffen and morlando. Griffen is like Rainer, almost sure fire top 10. Morlando hasn’t really been mocked as a first round pick at all lately. I would be shocked if morlando was not there at 22, but would also be pretty disappointed with him as the pick given there’s a decent chance he’s a lf or 1b only prospect who hasn’t lived up to hitting expectations this year.    that also seems like a real reach for Franco given where he’s ranked and mocked the last few months. If we take a hs outfielder, Slade Caldwell is the one I’d be interested in. Seen a comp or two to Corbin Carrol wi th a little less pop, which wouldn’t be bad to take a shot on and see what our development can do with. 
    • I firmly believe Elias is attempting to build a package around Mountcastle and Kjerstad w/ 2 to 3 lesser valued pieces in exchange for a good starter
    • And here is the coverage map to determine if Fox is airing out game where you live:  https://506sports.com/mlb.php
    • We probably need to consider who we want facing Soto out of the pen. We need a Soto stopper. https://stathead.com/baseball/versus-finder.cgi?player_id1=soto--003jua&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_source=br&utm_campaign=2023_01_player_innernav_stathead&__hstc=107817757.2f3f33a24b44870ec4a577029c49e44b.1699920000170.1699920000171.1699920000172.1&__hssc=107817757.1.1699920000173&__hsfp=966217318 Those are his career stats versus all pitchers. He tunes mostly everyone up pretty good. Some lefties stand out though. More as SP though. Just something to think about for what it seems is an inevitable playoff showdown. 
  • Popular Contributors