Should Elias look to upgrade from James Mccann?

Greg Pappas

Would you prefer we upgrade at backup catcher over McCann or do you expect him to come around? He's really struggled all-season.  I don't necessarily mean targeting Salvador Perez, but we need better than what McCann has given us.

Edited by Greg Pappas

Just now, Greg Pappas said:

I wouldn't call it a "need", but upgrades to our team, bench or not, can make a difference.  

But a difference for what?

The Os have money tied up into McCann. They aren’t going to drop him and eat that money and really, I don’t see the need to use assets to marginally upgrade the position.

One guy that may need a change of scenery is Joey Bart (26) [FA 2028] of the Giants.  His hitting thus far in the 400+ AB's he's had have been underwhelming, but out hitting instructors have worked wonders for some guys.  I'd love to acquire him if the cost wasn't much.  The cost, naturally, is the key.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But a difference for what?

The Os have money tied up into McCann. They aren’t going to drop him and eat that money and really, I don’t see the need to use assets to marginally upgrade the position.

I had to look it up, and McCann is owed 1 million this year and four million next year.  You may be right that we won't eat that, as it's more than I thought.  I wish we would eat it, however. 

Edited by Greg Pappas

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I had to look it up, and McCann is owed 1 million this year and four million next year.  You may be right that we won't eat that, as it's more than I thought.  I wish we would eat it, however. 

I think McCann is the man until Handley is ready to be back up. Can’t see them spending much on C.