Mullins to miss a lot of time?

Sports Guy

35 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Got an email from Bowie that Cedric will be playing there today and tomorrow. 

Perhaps back in time for the Houston series. Man, really hope he’s healthy. Aggravating it again could mean the remainder of the season for him. 

24 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

-I share the sentiment others have said of hoping for Cedric to do whatever he needs to in order to be healthy when he comes back. We need him, but we don't want to rush him to aggravate his injury or lose him for the season. We need him for the playoff run.

-I wonder if they will start spot starting pitchers in the rotation like Wells for Irvin, and whoever else is on an innings watch. Irvin had a reputation for being an innings eater and he's our only Left Handed starter we have available. There's also the fact that Kremer, Bradish, and Rodriguez are all about to exceed their career highs in innings too, and then there's the concern that Flaherty has only had 3 healthy season out of his entire 7 year career. I'm very interested to see how they play this and what strategy they'll use.

-Good news about Means. I am really looking forward to seeing him healthy and pitching again. I've tempered my expectations, but I've also become a little more optimistic that he might exceed my low expectations coming off of TJ Surgery after all this time has passed. We can really use his left arm to mix things up in the rotation by mid September and get some of the other guys rested and ready for the playoffs.

-Excellent news about Aaron Hicks. He can bolster the lineup when he's back.

I’m sure they’re being careful with Mullins.  It’s not as though the team is struggling and desperate to have him back ASAP.  He said a few weeks ago that the top priority was making sure he’d be available for the end of the season, which I understood to mean they’d err on the side of caution as to when to activate him.   I doubt he will have a long rehab stint, though.  You can get hurt in a AA game just as easily as in a major league game.  The rehab games are just to help with his timing, and as soon as he’s feeling comfortable, he’ll be back.  

Was at the Bowie game last night.  Yes, Mullins make that catch, looks like several that he made earlier this year.  He didn't get any hits but was sort of robbed on a line drive the the 2nd baseman jumped up an caught. (returning Mullins catch of his near HR, I believe). Mullins looked okay out there but I did not see him doing any very fast starts and runs. He was doing groin loosing exercises during warm up (steping forward and swinging alternate legs to the side, bending at the hip).  Looks like he is easing back into shape but I am not going to guess an ETA.

Wells looked good but he was overmatching AA hitters. One Seadog hit a real dinger on him that went over the fence as well as the advertising signs in left field.  He did start to get into some trouble in the 4th or 5th inning and came out.

Holiday played good in the field- nothing had to be special and hit a first pitch fastball bomb to right field HR.  Hit the middle of the Maryland Lottery sign.  That forces me to buy $10 of mega-millions tickets.  I can take a hint when I see one.

• Upvote 1