Magic Number !!

vab

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Hate to look ahead, but I think we have #4 covered. 

After tomorrow, Rays have no more home games, Orioles have only home games. 

IIRC, we’re actually better on the road. Gotta take tomorrow’s game against Cleveland and I like our chances to take both from the Nats. 

Can’t overlook Boston to close it out though, they can score some runs and I’m sure they’d love to spoil a division title for us. 

54 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

IIRC, we’re actually better on the road. Gotta take tomorrow’s game against Cleveland and I like our chances to take both from the Nats. 

Can’t overlook Boston to close it out though, they can score some runs and I’m sure they’d love to spoil a division title for us. 

Boston might try to beat Tampa also

Royals took 2/3 from Houston, then swept the Guardians, and have won the first two games against Houston this weekend. Someone forgot to tell them that they need to roll over because they've lost 102 games and they are really making it hard on teams to win the division, as Houston now falls 1.5 back of Texas.

No idea why they are trying so hard!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

Royals took 2/3 from Houston, then swept the Guardians, and have won the first two games against Houston this weekend. Someone forgot to tell them that they need to roll over because they've lost 102 games and they are really making it hard on teams to win the division, as Houston now falls 1.5 back of Texas.

No idea why they are trying so hard!

Are they eligible for the #1 pick?

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Orioles have one more loss at home than on the road. So I would say about the same. The Rays on the other hand are .663 at home (53-27) vs. .553 on the road (42-34).

The Orioles have Bradish and GRod going against the Nationals, at home, after a day off. They should win those games. If they win tomorrow, too, the deed would be nearly done by Wed. Winning tomorrow is not essential, they would be still in good shape with a loss. But it would help to avoid going deep into the week to resolve this.