Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

29 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

So does Fuji yet people cream them selves over him

Fuji is a rookie. He bombed as a starter and has pitched well out of the 'pen since June, which is basically half his time in the big-leagues now. Hicks has several years of being mediocre to downright terrible under his belt.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Fuji is a rookie.

He's 29.

He's as much a rookie as Masatake Yoshida.

He's three years older than Mountcastle.

He did very poorly as a starter and has done better since moving to the pen and changing his pitch usage.

He still has issues with his command and his fastball doesn't have much movement.

I think he has a good chance to be a solid piece going forward but his lack of command is going to limit his effectiveness.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He's 29.

He's as much a rookie as Masatake Yoshida.

He's three years older than Mountcastle.

He did very poorly as a starter and has done better since moving to the pen and changing his pitch usage.

He still has issues with his command and his fastball doesn't have much movement.

I think he has a good chance to be a solid piece going forward but his lack of command is going to limit his effectiveness.

My point was that he didn't have much of a big league track record, unlike Hicks. 

5 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Interesting comment from good ol Buster Olney on twitter this morning. He claims multiple GMs are saying that there may end up being more rental SPs than buyers actually.

I thought looking at it awhile ago there were a ton of SP’s who would be available. Ton of expiring contracts for SP’s on non contenders. 

We should really be targeting Montgomery or Ed Rod. A LH SP would be nice in the playoffs for OPACY because of the wall. They would neutralize LH bats and then the RH bats have to face the wall. 

Two birds with one stone… if we get one of those two we could move Wells to the pen. Admittedly, that’s a tough sell because he’s been a solid #2/#3 up until this recent stretch. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I thought looking at it awhile ago there were a ton of SP’s who would be available. Ton of expiring contracts for SP’s on non contenders. 

I see the market right now as roughly:

1. Montgomery
  2. Stroman
  3. Snell
  4. ERod
  5. Flaherty
  6. Lorenzen
  7. Lugo
  8. Hill
  9. Clevinger

Did I miss anyone? Verlander has a lot of rumors too, but he's on a 2 year deal. Stroman might be off the market with the Cubs hot streak. I think any of 1-8 makes the Orioles better, to varying degrees.

16 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

1. Montgomery
  2. Stroman
  3. Snell
  4. ERod
  5. Flaherty
  6. Lorenzen
  7. Lugo
  8. Hill
  9. Clevinger

Did I miss anyone? Verlander has a lot of rumors too, but he's on a 2 year deal. Stroman might be off the market with the Cubs hot streak. I think any of 1-8 makes the Orioles better, to varying degrees.

9 pitchers, how many buyers do you think are left right now?

25 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

1. Montgomery
  2. Stroman
  3. Snell
  4. ERod
  5. Flaherty
  6. Lorenzen
  7. Lugo
  8. Hill
  9. Clevinger

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

9 pitchers, how many buyers do you think are left right now?

Houston is a no. LAA I would think is no.  Hard to think SEA or TEX add. 

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Not that it was ever likely. Interesting that Stroman isn't mentioned. There was a rumor about a week ago that the the Cubs might trade Stroman and use the money/prospects to add to this year's team.

They are allegedly buying now?! https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-deadline-cubs-pull-cody-bellinger-off-market-switch-focus-to-buying-per-report/

Edited by pdiddy
  • Upvote 1

CHC - MLB network crawl has new tidbit Cubs not trading Bellinger, and I'd figure that goes for all their pieces.     Trey may be on a Club hanging in its divisional race.     

SDP - I think Seider-Preller are more inclined to hang in, but we'll see if they finish their sweep of the Rangers, and they will gain a view of 1 additional game late Monday night in Colorado.