Scoreboard watching

Frobby

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

We’re playing the Sox at home. 

Oops!   Brain freeze.

But it turns out I was right!    We are the next team to use the visiting clubhouse in Fenway Park.   The Red Sox open next season with a 9 game West Coast trip and their home opener is April 9 vs the Orioles.

So yeah, that's what I meant all along!   😀

They just have a little longer to clean the place up before the Orioles get there.

Edited by SteveA

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Wow, someone alluded to the Rays celebrating and I had no idea what they were talking about.   But they really did celebrate clinching a playoff spot (which actually happened the day they lost the last game in Baltimore several weeks ago) with a champagne celebration last night.   

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38509298/rays-hold-celebration-10-days-clinching-postseason-berth

Odd.   They did it because they have an off day tomorrow.

So while we were winning #99 and putting them on the brink of elimination, they celebrated.

I haven't visited any professional locker rooms, but that one seems like they're going to need remediation after that. Low, drop ceilings, foam tiles and fluorescent lights... I guess you don't want the visitors to be too comfortable but geez. Maybe the Rays are helping with an insurance claim the Sox were waiting to submit. 

No scoreboard to watch tonight with the Rays idle. Really hoping we just wrap this up and have the entire weekend series for a long celebration at the Yard. 

I do think the Rays celebration was basically them acknowledging that the division race is over. If they felt they had a realistic chanceto win I don’t think that happens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

No scoreboard to watch tonight with the Rays idle. Really hoping we just wrap this up and have the entire weekend series for a long celebration at the Yard. 

I do think the Rays celebration was basically them acknowledging that the division race is over. If they felt they had a realistic chanceto win I don’t think that happens. 

I'm still curious as to why they didn't celebrate with their fans when they had the chance, they already had the top seed wrapped up in the Wild Card round. Seems weird to me to celebrate the same thing in Boston.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm still curious as to why they didn't celebrate with their fans when they had the chance, they already had the top seed wrapped up in the Wild Card round. Seems weird to me to celebrate the same thing in Boston.

I believe it was purely for the fact that today is an off day and they waited to celebrate for that reason.  

I am glad we have the opportunity to clinch tonight on our own terms and don't have to worry about scoreboard watching w/ TB being off. I originally said we'd clinch tomorrow night, but I think tonight would be even better especially w/ TB being off. All the attention will be on us.

With AL5 and AL6 looking mostly like they belong to TOR and HOU after Seattle getting handled last night, Tampa's performances have some influence which of those two teams is coming to the Trop on Tuesday.

If Seattle is totally eliminated by the last 2 days, the game play could also then go to triangulating for the 6 seed and the MIN-TEX path instead of the TB-BAL path for the 5 seed.

Astros pitching threw an 0-fer on Julio the entire series, punctuated by Hector Neris behaving badly after a mid-game punch out when the game was still kind of close.