Saturday July 29: sellout crowd, national TV as Orioles try to win series and season series from Yankees

SteveA

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think I'm pretty skeptical by nature but I can't think of a good reason for them to invent a case of vertigo for Mountcastle to suffer from. 

Because you want to send him pretty far down the ranks and for an indefinite amount of time to rework things but don't want to embarrass a guy who is a lifelong Oriole and ostensibly the team's power bat. Cynical take I don't necessarily stand by, just saying.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

Because you want to send him pretty far down the ranks and for an indefinite amount of time to rework things but don't want to embarrass a guy who is a lifelong Oriole and ostensibly the team's power bat. Cynical take I don't necessarily stand by, just saying.

There is no way Mountcastle and his agent would play along with that. No way. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There is no way Mountcastle and his agent would play along with that. No way. 

Maybe he wanted to do it himself? Players sideline themselves for injuries all the time even if the coaches would like to see them go. Idk, I'm being forced to defend a position I don't have any evidence to support. My point is really just that he looks great since coming back.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Significant of nothing … but about 9-10 years ago kept seeing Yankees fans pulling into stadium with Virginia tags. 

Not sure what you're saying. There are people living everywhere in the country who grew up in NY and are NYY fans. NYers are very mobile, and there are so damn many of them.