Return of Buck

Birds08

Buck walked Barry Bonds with the bases loaded.   I find his current comments very weak.  He was a good manager.  That night he tried to do something outside the box and it backfired.    He won’t own it all of these years later.   The man’s ego is a lot bigger than people think.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Buck walked Barry Bonds with the bases loaded.   I find his current comments very weak.  He was a good manager.  That night he tried to do something outside the box and it backfired.    He won’t own it all of these years later.   The man’s ego is a lot bigger than people think.

I mean you can say this about 99.9% of the posters here.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know much about him before he became Orioles manager. He looked great at first, loved by the players, brought winning baseball back to Baltimore, it almost seemed to good to be true, but I always heard during his tenure here that "there is a reason he doesn't stick for long anywhere". I think ultimately we saw why, and it wasn't just the 2016 fiasco.

11 hours ago, dzorange said:

I don't really care in hindsight. Buck's probably annoyed as a four time Manager of the Year in four different decades to be talking about this one mistake he's made for the last 7 years. 

Oh that’s not what they are talking about in New York! And not what the NY media is asking him to talk about. His season has been historically crappy. 

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Oh that’s not what they are talking about in New York! And not what the NY media is asking him to talk about. His season has been historically crappy. 

'Historically crappy?"--by what measure pray tell?

9 hours ago, Number5 said:

Why not just take the high road?  Give him an ovation welcoming him back to Baltimore.  Then proceed to beat his ball club.

Which is no longer his, in terms of the make-up of its roster.

Watching that game last night, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Buck.  It’s gotta be deja vu for him, playing out the string with a crappy team, knowing he’s probably gone when the season ends, if not before.   

That play by Marte on O’Hearn’s single was just pathetic.  Does the guy even care?   Meanwhile we’ve got Hays making sliding catches in foul territory while the team is up 7 runs in the 9th.