Enrique Bradfield 2023

Jagwar

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last year Beavers only played 3 games and Fabian played 4 before they moved on to Delmarva.  Therefore, I’m kind of expecting Bradfield and some of the other draftees to be in Delmarva next week.  

Delmarva is very light in the OF right now.  Prado and Craig already promoted to Aberdeen.  Acevedo is about the closest thing to an OF prospect right now and he’ll probably DH when the reinforcements come. I suspect as soon as Tuesday you may see all of Bradfield, Horvath, Josenberger, and Etzel in Delmarva,

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Delmarva is very light in the OF right now.  Prado and Craig already promoted to Aberdeen.  Acevedo is about the closest thing to an OF prospect right now and he’ll probably DH when the reinforcements come. I suspect as soon as Tuesday you may see all of Bradfield, Horvath, Josenberger, and Etzel in Delmarva,

Maybe too early to ask. From this group who looks like the next top 100 prospect?

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Put him in Aberdeen

That makes sense but the didn’t do that with Cowser so I doubt they do it with any of these guys as the first level.  I could see them moving Bradfield and another pretty quickly from Delmarva just to make sure everyone is getting reps.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That makes sense but the didn’t do that with Cowser so I doubt they do it with any of these guys as the first level.  I could see them moving Bradfield and another pretty quickly from Delmarva just to make sure everyone is getting reps.

I think the O’s like to give the fans of their MiL affiliates at least a fleeting glimpse of their top prospects.   

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Put him in Aberdeen

They put Dylan Beavers, Jud Fabian, and Max Wagner in FCL to start last season then moved them through Delmarva quickly before they finished the year in Aberdeen. Like Frobby said, they try to let the fans get a glimpse and the front office also wants to see how they adjust through each progression/promotion.

18 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

They put Dylan Beavers, Jud Fabian, and Max Wagner in FCL to start last season then moved them through Delmarva quickly before they finished the year in Aberdeen. Like Frobby said, they try to let the fans get a glimpse and the front office also wants to see how they adjust through each progression/promotion.

I’m sure they will send him to Delmarva, i just would prefer to see him In Aberdeen.

I don’t think Elias does anything, development wise, to appease the fans. I think he does what he feels is best for the player. In fact, I would hope he doesn’t make development decisions just for the fans.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m sure they will send him to Delmarva, i just would prefer to see him In Aberdeen.

I don’t think Elias does anything, development wise, to appease the fans. I think he does what he feels is best for the player. In fact, I would hope he doesn’t make development decisions just for the fans.

When you’re talking about spending 2-3 weeks at an affiliate shortly after signing, I don’t think a placement at a lower level significantly affects development one way or the other.  So if letting the fans see a player before he moves on is a consideration, I don’t think it’s a big deal.  These guys are going to get their feet wet in pro ball, get exposed to the O’s development program and that’s about it.  You can pretty much bank on Bradfield starting next year at Aberdeen no matter what they do with him for the next 4 weeks.