Enrique Bradfield 2023

Jagwar

12 hours ago, seak05 said:

I'm a little surprised that they weren't moved up last week, but I don't think 1 week vs 2 makes a difference. At that point you're complaining just to complain. Bradfield is a good prospect, but he's not a prospect at the same level as Cowser (or even Shaw). He played in a high level conference in college, but he's not necessarily a polished bat. He'll have to make adjustments to continue to succeed. 

I agree on both counts.  I would nave moved Bradfield up a week or two ago, but it makes little difference.  He’s starting 2024 in Aberdeen either way.  And I agree that his swing will need some work.  He’s getting a lot of infield hits that won’t be hits in the majors.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Bradfield hasn’t been hitting at all since moving up to Aberdeen. Now 1 for 13 with 4 walks.  

A little failure might be good because it might give him some extra motivation to make some adjustments this offseason. I think the Orioles knew there were going to need some swing adjustments to get a little more pop into the bat because like many have said, the higher you get up the ladder, pitchers have better control and will attack you in the zone if they don't fear you a bit. 

• Upvote 3