Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

How sad.  The team is in first place and "fans" want to find something to bitch about.

Stop trolling. You think us fans, who live and die with the team even through the worst of years want this BS over shadowing this awesome season. Come on, man. 

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

The biggest concern I have with this is how it affects someone like Elias.    Stupid stuff like this happening in the middle of a pennant race might be a good way to lose quality employees.

Same here. That's where my mind went pretty quickly too. People like Elias, Sig, Holt.  

22 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

The story was "broke" by the Awful Announcing site.  Did you ever hear of them before?

Yes, they are credible. I have followed them for years. ESPN directly quoted them in their report. The Athletic and others corroborated their story.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks. The one thing I will say is that I agree, there can be and usually is more to a story then what is reported. 

What we have to remember is that most likely there are only a few people who know what Angelos said, and one may not even be Kevin Brown. I have a hard time believing Angelos would talk to such a peasant like Brown so he must've used an intermediary. 

Now, was that person a MASN person or an Orioles PR person? My guess is it was probably somebody in MASN who was told to take Brown off the air and the PR people may not have even known this was happening because MASN is separate from the Orioles. 

This would make some sense in my mind because any competent PR person would get in front of this story before it came out because there was no way his doesn't leak at some point.

Now, who leaked the story? Well, it would make sense that Brown would talk to his fellow broadcasters and other people he knows in the industry, especially after he has lingered for so long. It's not like he lost one game to this, but has been out for a few weeks now, right? 

At some point someone, maybe even Brown himself, leaked this to the people who started to make this a story. Once it went viral, the cat was out of the bag and now the PR people are trying to do damage control and it appears that is deny that the comments were the reason he's not on the air and then say they don't discuss personnel matters publicly.

Ok, fair enough on the second part, but basically they are calling all the reports on why he was suspended false. 

Now, I believe the reports because of past actions by John Angelos and that this does fit his character, and the fact that the sources I know are corroborating the story. Saying that, none of us know what Angelos said to who or what Brown did in response to hearing that he was being taken off the air in the middle of this great season for such a dumb innocuous comment. 

I've heard there are many people involved with the broadcast, including other broadcasters that are not happy about this. But what are they going to do about it? Besides Brown, who else is getting picked up by another major league team in their current roles? 

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work.  This is not the place for "social influencers" or the Kardashians groupies.   Please remember that there have been a series of different broadcasters for the O's this year.  It might just be as simple as they felt his style was not where they wanted to be going.  That is okay, but all the drama queens got themselves involved.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

13 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

How sad.  The team is in first place and "fans" want to find something to bitch about.

The Orioles are in sales. People don't like to buy the product from companies they don't like.

Angelos is undermining the likability of a very likable company. He's doing it to himself. Blaming the fans is lazy, stupid and insulated from any sense of self awareness. Just stop.

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

They have sources.  This idea that unless someone is on the record that it can never be believed is just silliness. There is a long history of news being broken in this manner and being accurate.  People, however, see 1 time out of 1000 where something ends up wrong and then think nothing is reliable. 

Of course every rumor and slander is true.  Awful Announcements broke the story first and of course they have mole in the Warehouse.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

We don’t want to find anything. This dipsh!t owner of ours is giving us plenty of ammo because he’s a certifiable lunatic who is in over his head.

He is the embodiment of spoiled rich kid. He is the embodiment of why you don’t hand over things to someone if they don’t earn/work for it because he doesn’t know how to handle it.

This is literally the #1 topic in the sport right now. It’s being covered by every major sports network. It’s being commented on in basically every game, every national radio show, etc…it was a #1 topic on Twitter.  It was literally one of the biggest stories in the news cycle yesterday and it’s all because the owner is so inept and so get removed from reality that he is willing to suspend a good broadcaster over NOTHING.

HE is causing this, not us. HE is the problem, not us. And if you can’t see that or figure that out, you are as inept as he is.

Spot on. 

3 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work.  This is not the place for "social influencers" or the Kardashians groupies.   Please remember that there have been a series of different broadcasters for the O's this year.  It might just be as simple as they felt his style was not where they wanted to be going.  That is okay, but all the drama queens got themselves involved.

Lol, Brown is the diva here? You are nuts. 

1 minute ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

okay, man... go tell your boss, John, that his 'troll the OH' campaign isn't working. Nobody's buying your garbage-level posts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work. 

Yeah, those ESPN folks clearly know nothing about broadcasting. 

You are wrong. Very wrong. Kevin Brown will be just fine and very successful in broadcasting, whether that is with the Orioles or otherwise. 

12 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

Suspicious side eye GIF on GIFER - by Ghodi

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

LOLOL.  You are literally the only person who thinks this.  Everyone in the industry is calling Kevin Brown a true professional and saying he would have no problem finding work.  He already does work for ESPN, calling basketball and baseball games.  To blame Kevin Brown for this and cast aside any blame for Angelos is the definition of clueless and naive.  You are CLEARLY posting here at the instruction of John Angelos, and doing a horrible job of hiding it.  That is the only explanation for the absurdities of your posts - just as absurd as Angelos' behavior. 

4 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Did someone give John Angelos and OH account? 

5 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Kevin Brown is a diva? You talk abou sources ,where did you get that?

He does work for ESPN and would certainly get a PBP job with a team. 

Edited by Going Underground