Houston goes for the sweep. Orioles ready to keep their streak.

Gurgi

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

I know.  I think Wood and Prior's arms were going to fall off no matter what, but he may have accelerated it.

I think he's adapted a bit, but he probably leans toward leaving pitchers in.  I think he definitely left him in too long here.

The way he used Harang in the pen really set back his career too, according to Harang.

3 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

It is a convenient narrative against Dusty.  I would say the biggest problem with Dusty as a manager is that he doesn't manage any differently in the post season vs regular season.

I think that pitcher abuse has some validity if you're talking about throwing 115+ pitches, maybe 110.  Pitchers don't even come close to that these days.  He did leave Wood and Prior out for 120+ a lot.  That's a lot, especially for pitchers that may have had some proclivity for arm injuries.

I think the reason you don't let pitchers stay past 100 pitches is because most pitchers can't get hitters out after they've batted around 3 times, and that usually coincides with 100 pitches.  There are exceptions obviously.

Edited by Hallas

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

Is there any other team with two relievers as good as Cano and Bautista whose fans have as little confidence in them as we do with our guys? It's kind of nuts.

Can't speak for others, I've got all kinds of confidence in Bautista.

The guy's won reliever of the month 3 out of 4 months haha.

Cano...not so much.

Just now, Hallas said:

I think that pitcher abuse has some validity if you're talking about throwing 115+ pitches, maybe 110.  Pitchers don't even come close to that these days.

I think the reason you don't let pitchers stay past 100 pitches is because most pitchers can't get hitters out after they've batted around 3 times, and that usually coincides with 100 pitches.  There are exceptions obviously.

Might be true.  I think there is a self fulfilling prophecy with the pitch count believers though.  It was 120 pitches for a while there.  Now it is 100.