White Sox Fire EVP Kenny Williams and GM Rick Hahn

OsFanSinceThe80s

58 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Also, quite frankly, a cautionary tale.  They were the darlings of the rebuild philosophy a few years back.  I remember everyone talking about how loaded their system was and how they'd be dominating that division for the next few years.

And then the owner got involved and hired the drunk to manage.

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it very unlikely.

Look at the owner.

He came here didn’t he?  Plus a President position like Williams is higher up .. better pay, big market .. low expectations in taking over a disaster 

Edited by tntoriole

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Also, quite frankly, a cautionary tale.  They were the darlings of the rebuild philosophy a few years back.  I remember everyone talking about how loaded their system was and how they'd be dominating that division for the next few years.

I think three guys who were part of the sell off, Quintana, Sale, Eaton went on to win a World Series.

20 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He came here didn’t he?  Plus a President position like Williams is higher up .. better pay, big market .. low expectations in taking over a disaster 

I don't think Jerry would attempt to hire someone like Elias.

I'm also not sure he's pay better or if being second banana in Chicago is that big a market upgrade.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Jerry would attempt to hire someone like Elias.

I'm also not sure he's pay better or if being second banana in Chicago is that big a market upgrade.

Excerpt from Rosenthal Athletic article today 

“The White Sox, 49-77 and 16 games out of first place in the AL Central, are a hot mess. They admit to culture problems in their clubhouse. Even after acquiring numerous prospects at the deadline, their farm system ranks only 22nd in the majors, according to Baseball America. In the perception of rival clubs, their analytics department and overall infrastructure are lacking.

And yet, five rival executives contacted by The Athletic on Tuesday night see the White Sox’s opening as more appealing than the average fan might think. The executives, granted anonymity so they could speak candidly, view the White Sox as almost a sleeping giant.

Still, Reinsdorf’s employees rarely complain about him. If anything, just the opposite is the case. So, if Reinsdorf gives his new executive reasonable latitude — the team’s announcement said it anticipates putting a single decision-maker in place by the end of the season — then the other parts of the job should only add to its appeal.

The White Sox play in the largest market in the AL Central. They opened the season with a $181 million payroll, the highest in the division and 13th-highest in the majors. Both East and West divisions feature big spenders, and the Cubs in the NL Central also are capable of flexing financial muscle. The other four teams in the AL Central, meanwhile, all rank in the bottom half in payroll.“

we shall see .. i hope not