September Roster Expansion

RVAOsFan

13 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Orioles have to be careful if they don't want a player ending up on a competitor's roster. Teams like the Rangers, Guardians, Twins, and the Astros are fair position to pounce on a waiver right now. So if the team DFA's Voth or Fujinami, there's always the chance one of them can wind up on an opponent's roster.

These decisions aren't easy. That's why Mike Elias & Sig Mejdal (hopefully) gets paid the big bucks.

Not sure I care that much if Voth ends up on a competitor's roster

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

The other day I messed up on an Orioles-Astros square in Immaculate Grid because I thought I was slick using Spenser Watkins there, and it turns out Watkins never actually appeared at the MLB level.

I completely forgot Mike Yaz didn't actually play for us. Did a double take there and wasted a guess. 

On 9/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, Aristotelian said:

I completely forgot Mike Yaz didn't actually play for us. Did a double take there and wasted a guess. 

I made that mistake with Scott Kazmir the other day on a square for Mets/Rays.  I remembered that the Mets traded Kazmir to the Rays but forgot he never actually played for the Mets.  

On 8/30/2023 at 10:32 AM, dtk9119 said:

The last 2 nights McKenna showed he's valuable esp in late innings so i dont think he's going anywhere. I would love to see Kjerstad but Hicks did enough earlier on to justify a spot. I am not so sure about Wells though. I'll go out on a limb and say it's Baker (and Hicks). Wells and Means later in the month.

BTW, can someone explain the eligible for playoffs roster rule? I thought you had to be on the 26 man roster (or had been during the season) to be eligible. But others have said you just have to be on the 40 man by Sept 1.

Any player in the Org on August 31st can be added to the playoff roster but if they're not on the 40 they have to replace someone that is on the IL and the league has to OK it

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2023 at 12:59 PM, Jammer7 said:

I forgot about Cowser’s rookie status. That may well be a factor, though it probably should not.

The thing with Hicks, is just the injuries and the frequency of them. I agree with everything you wrote on him, but what good is it if he is always hurt? If we get into a good rhythm as a team and he goes down again in the playoffs, then we have to call someone up again who maybe has not been playing. I like what Hicks can do, absolutely. He just cannot stay on the field to do it.

" To qualify as a rookie in Major League Baseball (MLB), a player must not have exceeded 130 at bats or fifty innings pitched in the majors, and also fewer than 45 days on the active rosters of major league clubs (excluding time on the disabled list or any time after rosters are expanded on September 1) in their previous year "

2 hours ago, PsychoBird68 said:

" To qualify as a rookie in Major League Baseball (MLB), a player must not have exceeded 130 at bats or fifty innings pitched in the majors, and also fewer than 45 days on the active rosters of major league clubs (excluding time on the disabled list or any time after rosters are expanded on September 1) in their previous year "

Yup. If CC remains on the roster through the end of the year he loses his rookie status. Such is life. 

On 9/1/2023 at 8:08 AM, Frobby said:

I think we’re going to see some churn the last month.  

You mean that place where Jesus Christ was?  It is CAVALRY, not CALVARY.

my biggest pet peeve, as 90% of Americans , including many on TV, always gets this wrong!!!

Edited by Chelsea_Phil
Fix typo

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

my biggest pet peeve, as 90% of Americans , including many on TV, always gets this wrong!!!

The problem is people spell words how they pronounce them and rednecks like me would go  cal / va /ry  not  cav / al / ry

Edited by PsychoBird68

On 9/3/2023 at 12:39 AM, Chelsea_Phil said:

I’m confused.  Neither word appears in my post that you quoted.