9/3 Rubber game against the Dbacks.

O's84

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

What does that even mean?

Getting the reliever up in the bullpen but not using them in the game.   They are comparing that to a stripper doing a lap dance to no happy ending.  Kind of crude but thats what he means.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

What does that even mean?

Warms up guys up and doesn't bring them in. 

It is something Buck Showalter didn't like to do, and didn't do much, and I believe Buck used that expression to describe it.

Warming a guy up takes pitches out of his arm just as much as using them.   And I agree, Hyde does it too much.

Just now, SteveA said:

And if  you think that is going to continue, that would be an argument against putting him on the roster... an Elias decision.

But if he IS to be in the bullpen, I think the correct managerial move is to use him in a situation just like that.

I disagree with the move of getting him.  And I don't like putting him in even in a 4 run situation, give he's been awful and might be going some mental problems(?). 

Now I hope I'm wrong and want for him to pitch well.  I'm just laying out mf opinion. 

Anyway, not much more to discuss at this point.  Agree to disagree.