Rays series

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Three big plays not made.

Hicks double clutches on a throw to the plate allowing a runner to score.  He has the arm and the throw was on line. If he throws it as soon as he gets it the runner is out at the plate.

Adley comes up with a runner at third and one out and grounds into a double play.

Bradish thinks he struck out Raley in the seventh on a pitch the umpire called a ball. One the next pitch Raley homers.   

None of these plays were errors but all of them are plays the O's need to make better to beat the Rays.

It was a 2-1 pitch to Fraley that ump called a ball, not a strikeout pitch .. Bradish didn’t want to walk him and got too much of the plate 

Adley’s poor at bat was mainly due to lack if patience and just whaling at first pitch in that situation with Civale on ropes 

Hicks has to be throwing there 

Just now, FlaO'sFan said:

The Rays smell blood in the water. We can still send their chest thumping @$$es back to Tampa by winning the next three. I'm calling it, O's take the next three.

I hope you are right because I do NOT want to have to hear the press gloating how Tampa came in here and swept a team that had not been swept in over a year and look the lead in the East and rode it to a bye in the playoffs.  It is going to be horrible hearing that crap and it will be a huge deal.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I hope you are right because I do NOT want to have to hear the press gloating how Tampa came in here and swept a team that had not been swept in over a year and look the lead in the East and rode it to a bye in the playoffs.  It is going to be horrible hearing that crap and it will be a huge deal.  

Prepare thyself Gurgi. Have your vaseline ready...

12 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I don’t want it as much as you or anyone else. But let’s be honest -  now that the NFL and College football has started that dominates every sports radio and tv program. Hell even If the O’s win the next 3 games and the Ravens get beat on Sunday in Cinci, that will be the talking point on the Fan or local sports media. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

I don’t want it as much as you or anyone else. But let’s be honest -  now that the NFL and College football has started that dominates every sports radio and tv program. Hell even If the O’s win the next 3 games and the Ravens get beat on Sunday in Cinci, that will be the talking point on the Fan or local sports media. 

Yeah.  I guess your right.  The Orioles collapse will just be a little blip.

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Actually it was after Frazier had grounded out to knock in the tying run. 

Yes but Hicks had walked in the inning .. Frazier too was wildly swinging at first two .. just putting no pressure on Civale who does poorly in 5th and longer by having any patient at bats.. and Adley was trying to hit the ball to Dundalk … again .. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yes but Hicks had walked in the inning .. Frazier too was wildly swinging at first two .. just putting no pressure on Civale who does poorly in 5th and longer by having any patient at bats.. and Adley was trying to hit the ball to Dundalk … again .. 

The bottom line is we are playing 5 guys in our lineup every night who were discarded by other teams and who would  not start on the other major contenders.

You can't win  a WS that way, especially with average pitching.  People can talk about our farm system all they want to but there are really only 2 players making a difference.....and that is GH and maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee AR.  Who has sucked lately.   I mean.....this is the 2014 team all over again.   Farm system?  We aren't using it.  And we probably shouldn't.  It is too early.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

The bottom line is we are playing 5 guys in our lineup every night who were discarded by other teams and who would  not start on the other major contenders.

You can't win  a WS that way, especially with average pitching.  People can talk about our farm system all they want to but there are really only 2 players making a difference.....and that is GH and maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee AR.  Who has sucked lately.   I mean.....this is the 2014 team all over again.   Farm system?  We aren't using it.  And we probably shouldn't.  It is too early.

I agree and that's the concern for next year. A lot has had to break just right for this team to be this competitive this year. Those vets that are having close to career years may not be around or have those career years again. If pitching doesn't improve substantially next year, they may be back to the middle of the pack. I hope fans will not respond badly if this occurs. They have to stick with the plan.