Monday, September 11: Cardinals come to town -- 6:35 pm starts resume for September

SteveA

5 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

If we look this bad against sucky teams I can only imagine how much worse it will be when we play Tampa.

The Orioles have a poor record against NL teams, for some reason. Even against bad NL teams. Go back and look. I was concerned about this series because of that. But, the game is not over.

Going 1-2-3 is not the offensive explosion I hoped for. Not gonna get it done. We're going to need a lot of runs to win today. That means we need to tack on a few every inning.

And it was mostly weak contact and rolling over. Very disappointing to see them be that impatient.

Edited by allquixotic

Just now, allquixotic said:

Going 1-2-3 is not the offensive explosion I hoped for. Not gonna get it done. We're going to need a lot of runs to win today. That means we need to tack on a few every inning.

I'm more worried at the moment about blowing through the bullpen arms

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles have a poor record against NL teams, for some reason. Even against bad NL teams. Go back and look. I was concerned about this series because of that. But, the game is not over.

They are over .500 but yes in comparison.  I think we do better against teams that we are familiar with and can prep our hitters well on.