Happy for Hyde

Sports Guy

He went from penciling in Rio Ruiz and Pedro Severino in the lineup each day to writing in Gunnar and Adley.  Like going from a '92 Chevy Cavalier to a brand new Corvette.

He made it through some really crappy times and now is showing how good of a leader he is.

Edited by yark14
  • Upvote 4

I honestly don't know how Hyde does it. I wouldn't want to wear that responsibility. Win and it's the players. Lose and some will paint the loss on you. I think Hyde has proven to be as good a manager as the Orioles have had and I have seen them all. His demeaner and the way he handles his players is steady and consistent. Thanks for starting this thread. Well deserved. Hyde is a "playoff" manager in 2023 and going for a division title.. Who would have thought it two years ago? 

I’d hope that today’s win solidifies Manager of the Year for him. He seems like a good man who cares about his players, who very clearly care about him.

I scratch my head once or twice a week on some of his moves but a lot of the time those moves pay off for the team and I remember that I’m running a small business from my home while he’s managing the team with the best record in the AL.

It’s going to take a few years of sustained winning to reprogram the trauma out of the hearts and brains for a lot of us but I’m glad Hyder is the guy shepherding the flock.