Monday, September 18: AL East leading Orioles begin final regular season road trip in Houston

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Woe is me.

O'Hearn is a great story.

He doesn't play enough.  Even missing time to injury Mullins has impacted more games.  He also impacts games more with his glove and on the basepaths.

Team mvps don’t go on the IL twice in one year and Mullins doesn’t hit. 

2 minutes ago, 86this said:

He's in their lineup tonight.  Probably wasn't serious.

It was either his hamstring or calf muscle, a couple days ago.  You're right, probably day-to-day with the freedom to let him rest more than he might have otherwise. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• We do not have to give up Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo to get what we need.
    • So you think Elias will give up one of the top 3 prospects to get upgrades?
    • “Dramatics”? That’s an interesting way of framing my opinion. I promise you I am as calm and cool as a cucumber. There’s no “dramatics” going on here. As you know, numbers fluctuate during any given period of time in the season. Good/great players have bad/cold stretches and bad/terrible players have good stretches. IMO we do not possess the type of top end talent at the back end of the bullpen needed to win multiple rounds against the best opposition in October.  If you are confident in Cano/Kimbrel or worse in Vespi/Baker/Perez/etc getting Soto and Judge out in a big spot late in the game in Yankee stadium in October, that is fine. I am not.  Just as an observer of baseball, Holmes is a much better pitcher than any reliever that we have. I would be much more confident in his talent than any reliever that we have. Now if we had Felix that would be one thing. But this season we do not. And I would hate for a team as good as ours to be held back by not making the needed/necessary move(s) before we get into October.  IMO we did that last season (with the starting pitching) and it didn’t end well. And I acknowledge that everybody doesn’t think like me nor have the same championship expectations/aspirations. Some fans/posters here have stated as much and that they are happy if we have a winning team year after year or if we just make it into the tournament year after year, regardless of results when we get there. And that’s fine. That’s just not my desired outcome. The great thing about this board is that we don’t have to agree and are able to express our opinions.
    • That’s right. Great times are here and more ahead with this group. 
    • Over/under on the number of times we walk Judge and Soto in this series?   10?  Nobody else really worries me.  
    • 2 days in a row we got some help from the RedSox
  • Popular Contributors