Playoff Roster

Bahama O's Fan

On 10/1/2023 at 4:18 AM, Winter said:

If any combination of Irvin, Flaherty, Fuji, Baumann with the locks of Gibson, Webb, Wells, Hall, Coulombe, Cano, Perez are all in the bullpen im not sure we need 13 pitchers. 

Is 3 long men really needed(Gibson/Irvin/Flaherty) with days off? Hall/Wells can go more than 1. No doubt Kremer would be the one who could turn it up out of the BP opposed to Gibson BUT if Kremer can give you a start of 5 good innings as a 4th starter thats hard to pass on. -- Hyde wants to play matchups like crazy of late so i do think they'll take 13. O's love close games, old extra inning rules could be a factor in need for more length. 

Any chance we have two starting pitchers in the same game? Since we seem to only make it to five sometimes six innings perhaps you have Kremer start, and Gibson finish. Or something like that.

Just now, schittenden said:

Fujinami is not on the roster. Also, he apparently fell down and has some sort of minor injury to his hand. 

Hope he's better soon. Not gonna lie I was worried about him pitching in postseason. 

Ugh and Baker is on.. hope he has improved since the MiLB championship game 

29 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Ugh and Baker is on.. hope he has improved since the MiLB championship game 

He was awesome in the MiLB championship game, I can only assume that’s a big part of why they went with him. Maybe he figured something out? He was dreadful for weeks prior to that. 

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He was awesome in the MiLB championship game, I can only assume that’s a big part of why they went with him. Maybe he figured something out? He was dreadful for weeks prior to that. 

My bad.. I was mixing him up w Baumann who was AWFUL and not on the roster. Baker was good in that game but not good w the big league club.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Baker was good for us the first half of the season, as well as the final month of 2022. I hope he's got his mojo back and we can see him moonwalking off the mound after striking out the 3rd batter.

Just stay away from the Cutter. The Rangers hitters love smashing cutters.