Playoff Roster

Bahama O's Fan

Lopez and Fujinami out, Cole Irvin in. (Or possibly even Baker.)

Kjerstad down (he's ineligible as far as I know) and role with the remaining players. 

Simple as that.

Gunnar Henderson is the starting Shortstop the whole way. Mateo will be used tactically and strategically in the right situations as a runner. There aren't that many players fast enough to manufacture a whole run just from taking a BB or getting a single, but he is one of them.

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Kjerstad down (he's ineligible as far as I know) and role with the remaining players. 

Simple as that.

Gunnar Henderson is the starting Shortstop the whole way. Mateo will be used tactically and strategically in the right situations as a runner. There aren't that many players fast enough to manufacture a whole run just from taking a BB or getting a single, but he is one of them.

I read somewhere that Kjerstad is eligible. He is taking Vavra's place when he went on the 60 day

I think pitchers will be 13 in number and position players 13

Starters: Bradish , Grod, Means, Kremer

Bp: Gibson, Cano, Coulombe, Wells, Webb, Perez, Flaherty, DL Hall, Irvin (or Baumann)

catcher: Adley, McCann

infielders. Mountcastle, O’Hearn, Frazier, Westburg, Mateo, Henderson, Urias

Outfield: Mullins, Hays, Santander, Hicks

No Heston

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I read somewhere that Kjerstad is eligible. He is taking Vavra's place when he went on the 60 day

If that's the case then I think these next 2 games will go a long way to help decide if he's on the ALDS roster. McKenna is also an option by comparison. But one position player won't make it and I have no idea who that will be.

For the rotation I have it at:

Bradish, Means, Rodriguez, Gibson with Kremer in the Bullpen/Emergency Starter.

If by any chance they use 5 starters, then Kremer starts. But he has been known to come out of the bullpen during certain games in the past snd provide a lift to the team from doing that. And Gibson has been called the leader of the pitching staff by guys like Bradish, so there's no way they're not going to start their "leader of the pitching staff".

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

If by any chance they use 5 starters, then Kremer starts. But he has been known to come out of the bullpen during certain games in the past snd provide a lift to the team from doing that. And Gibson has been called the leader of the pitching staff by guys like Bradish, so there's no way they're not going to start their "leader of the pitching staff".

Maybe so, but if so, it will be matchups and performance not”leadership” that makes the call between Gibson and Kremer. 

The “leader” is also a free agent to be on a one year deal..if his feelings get hurt, too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I would be surprised if Gibson made it as the number four starter ahead of Kremer, who has been a whole 0.75 runs better on the ERA.

Kremer has been better and has better stuff. It’s a pretty easy call for me. 

Gibson is your long man. 

28 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Simple as that.

I’m pretty sure you had to be with the organization. So I believe Kjerstad is eligible.

21 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I think pitchers will be 13 in number and position players 13

Starters: Bradish , Grod, Means, Kremer

Bp: Gibson, Cano, Coulombe, Wells, Webb, Perez, Flaherty, DL Hall, Irvin (or Baumann)

catcher: Adley, McCann

infielders. Mountcastle, O’Hearn, Frazier, Westburg, Mateo, Henderson, Urias

Outfield: Mullins, Hays, Santander, Hicks

No Heston

This looks right to me. Only question, they seem to have really lost confidence in Flaherty. I'd like to see him out of the bullpen a couple more times before throwing him into a playoff game. If he makes it, he is probably the very last on the depth chart.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m pretty sure you had to be with the organization. So I believe Kjerstad is eligible.

You have to be on the 40 man roster, but you can replace an injured player, and he replaced Vavra. The league still has to approve it but I'm not sure what grounds they would have to keep him off. The fact they made the Vavra move suggests they did want to be able to add him.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

This looks right to me. Only question, they seem to have really lost confidence in Flaherty. I'd like to see him out of the bullpen a couple more times before throwing him into a playoff game. If he makes it, he is probably the very last on the depth chart.

Do we know they are just going with 4 starters? 

Assuming we carry 13 pitchers ….My pen is Perez, Cano, Webb, Wells, Hall, Coulombe, Gibson/Kremer (the one that doesn’t make the rotation, Irvin, and Baumann. The only thing that changes that is Bautista which I think we find out today or tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

There is no need for five starters. Do we even need four?

Game 4 is only three days rest from Game 1 so you need four starters. 

I know teams have gone to three days rest in certain instances if they have a really dominant and durable ace, but typically that’s in a Game 6/Game 7 situation, ALCS/WS.

I am probably not messing with Bradish/GrayRod’s normal schedule unless Kremer gets torched in the ALDS.

Edited by ChuckS

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Game 4 is only three days rest from Game 1 so you need four starters. 

I know teams have gone to three days rest in certain instances if they have a really dominant and durable ace, but typically that’s in a Game 6/Game 7 situation, ALCS/WS.

I am probably not messing with Bradish/GrayRod’s normal schedule unless Kremer gets torched in the ALDS.

Yeah then, so I would go Bradish, Means, Rodriguez and, unless he gets shelled today, they probably give Gibson the fourth start. I would say for this round, not Kremer and Flaherty are not needed if you wanted to have extra relievers