Many Reasons to be Optimistic for the Postseason

psagawa

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

I love this post.  But it will annoy me greatly if we lose a playoff series to Tampa or especially Toronto, after beating both in the season series.  The Tampa series was tight but the Toronto series really wasn’t at all that close, even game by game.

I have told myself I won't be annoyed at a negative outcome in these playoffs, and I plan to stick to that.

This was a great season regardless of what happens in a short series.

Plus, the window is just opening, not closing. This will be the first time most of these players are in the playoffs.

Losing Bautista sucks but the way Bradish, Rodriguez, and even Means  have stepped up evens it out somewhat.  I feel much better about the starters now than I did a month ago.  They are peaking at the right time.  

My biggest fear is the hitting. They haven't scored a lot of runs down the stretch.  Just glad they held off the Ray's so they can rest and get ready for the playoffs.

I'm optimistic for the postseason in part because the O's got at least one entire series-worth of stink out of their system today: 4 errors, 7 stolen bases given up, 2 wild pitches, 5 unearned runs.  Perez got his periodic implosion out of the way. 

Also: Multiple starting pitchers seem to be heating up at the same time: Bradish, Means, Rodriguez.

Also: Wells and Irvin looked great out of the pen. 

Also: We've seen the last of Lopez, at least for 2023; and possibly Fuji too, depending on Hyde's playoff roster.