Rays-Rangers ALWC series

Just Regular

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The person I know that works at the Trop is also a big Blue Jay fan, (She works for them during Spring Training).  I wouldn't mind being able to not gloat when they both go two and out.

She sounds insufferable.  Primarily because she knows you, of course.  The Jays/Rays thing is just added on top.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If Texas wins today, that means they could start Heaney Saturday, Montgomery Sunday, and Montgomery in Game 5 Friday .   Lefties in all 3 games in OPACY, which works to their advantage.   Now Heaney is very beatable, we will still have the better pitcher in Game 1 as will most of the top 4 seeds because their #1 will be facing #3s or #4s.   But Texas will have the optimale LHPs in Oriole Park and RHPs at home setup.

Also Texas winning means McKenna much more likely to make the 26 and Kjerstad less.   With TB's all RH rotation and only 2 LH relievers, I think Kjerstad was far more likely to make it.

Will Means go Game 2?

Just now, eddie83 said:

Will Means go Game 2?

I suggested that in another thread.  Both because he is a LHP in OPACY, and because if he does have a short outing as he recovers from TJS, we could use a ton of bullpen and they would have the day off Monday and still be available Tuesday.

Some folks agreed with me, while others felt that Grayson should go Sunday because he is our next best pitcher, and/or because they would rather the rookie pitch at home in Baltimore.   Valid points.

So it is up for debate.

• Upvote 2

More of an offseason topic, but I have wondered if the Rays are actually going to follow through on retaining their Tyler Glasnow at 1/25 for 2024.     I believe it'd be the biggest 1-year salary by a lot for the franchise.

They arbitraged buying low while he was hurt to procure 1 more year of a pitcher of his caliber that typically they wouldn't pay market rates for.    Could he be a top of the deck deal if they need to be Raysian and deal guys before prices get high to replenish the pipeline?

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Boy am I happy we didn’t have to play in the wild card round.  2 games and out is pretty harsh.  Not as harsh as the 2016 one and done, of course.  

I am not sure I agree with the current format. The went from a play-in game to a 3-game series for the WC, but now one the division champions has to play in it. Like you said, a division title should give you the right to play in a real series. This is not.