Playoff Game Thread

ArtVanDelay

On 10/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm going to say it now. I think that the Texas Rangers will win the World Series. They have the best manager of all final 4 teams, and the best offense, and their starting pitching is really good too.

Last night I was at a bar with a friend and they had the game in with the Ranger losing to the Diamondbacks 5-3. I looked at him and told him the Rangers were going to win the World Series. He was "Ok?"

Later on in the night when the Rangers came back, and then hit the game winning Home Run, he was amazed that I said that and rambled on about how astonishing that was.

I don't know how many games it will be, but the Rangers are winning the 2023 World Series.

In the future, I predict that the Diamondbacks and Orioles might be facing each other in a World Series within the next 3 years, probably sooner.

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Last night I was at a bar with a friend and they had the game in with the Ranger losing to the Diamondbacks 5-3. I looked at him and told him the Rangers were going to win the World Series. He was "Ok?"

Later on in the night when the Rangers came back, and then hit the game winning Home Run, he was amazed that I said that and rambled on about how astonishing that was.

I don't know how many games it will be, but the Rangers are winning the 2023 World Series.

In the future, I predict that the Diamondbacks and Orioles might be facing each other in a World Series within the next 3 years, probably sooner.

Second game was a thorough Arizona win, with Merrill Kelly throwing the game of his career. Diamondbacks looked lackluster against the O's during the regular season, but they've been fun to watch in the postseason. Wd love to see them upend the exorbitantly store-bought Rangers. (The fact that it wasn't a disgrace for the O's to lose to Texas has been sufficiently established.)

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I will ask you the same thing that I asked him (and he did not answer) - What team could/would give them a package (that he suggests) that gives the Tigers a prospect comparable to Mayo plus Kjerstad plus more prospects? Dylan Cease was moved for nowhere near that. I agree that it might require a Mayo/Basallo level prospect as in one. But I don’t see starting pitchers in 2024 commanding that kind of trade value (that was suggested) given the injury risks/probabilities.
    • Fedde versus Suarez Fedde versus Kremer? Who would you pick for the #3 starter?   What is a 1/2 of season of success really worth?    
    • Ultimately it does make sense since he threw 43 pitches to throw him Thursday vs Cubs and then send him down.    It would push Suarez to 6 days rest and keep Grayson on 5. Then just have to see who they start Tuesday to see who goes Sunday. They could get cute and have a pen game as well. Hate to say it but one advantage of Burnes pitching Sunday is he can’t pitch in ASG.  
    • I’d probably want to isolate Fedde in a trade and make it less complicated. Norby and McDermott seems fair for him.  I believe Fedde has 2.5 season left. So that’s 3 playoffs. Similar to what Bud Norris had when we traded for him. 
    • For me, it’s an easy yes and I’d probably go for the enhanced package to add Brebbia for a couple DSL players (excepting Jordan Sanchez, Adriander Meija, Elvin Garcia, Keeler Morfe, and Esteban Meija). - Fedde is probably similar to Kremer or maybe a slight notch below, but better than Suarez and Irvin I think.  He improves the 4 spot in the rotation this year and next year with the extra year of control.  If he gives us a 4.15 ERA over this year and next, that may not be sexy but it is valuable. - Kopech “stuff” modeling metrics are off the charts - he is 5th out 157 qualified relievers.  He has a 3.39 SIERA. He’s controlled through next year. Perhaps, most importantly, he can be optioned this year. - Brebbia has a a 2.75 SIERA, 3.14 FIP, and 3.19 xFIP. His Stuff+ is 105.  He makes our bullpen better. - All three will benefit from better defense with the Orioles. - I’m not super high on Norby or Beavers.  I’m not sure what Norby’s carrying took is. Theoretically, it’s his hit tool but he is striking out 29% of the time. He is also not a particularly patient hitter.  He has middling exit velocities and most of his AAA home runs wouldn’t be home runs at Camden Yards. His defense has been known to be a weakness.  Beavers is far from a sure thing to stick in the MLB at all, much less become an average regular or better. I’m not sure the White Sox make this deal but I would (particularly if it transacted now and we got an extra month).
    • No better alternatives.    Keep evaluating him until we get another starter.  If he gets annihilated again, send him down regardless.
    • Have to see if today they announce Tuesdays SP or not. 
  • Popular Contributors