Playoff Game Thread

ArtVanDelay

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Back to back innings where you have 2 on none out and you don't score.  Plus you cough up the lead.  What a sad performance by TEX.

Game of inches. That second out would have been a game-tying single if it was hit three inches higher.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Game of inches. That second out would have been a game-tying single if it was hit three inches higher.

Bad luck, but that withstanding they had 5 more at bats (with 2 on) to get another run in.  You should be able to do that, that only takes hitting a .200 avg.

7 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Just a random opinion on a fan board: Altuve must still be cheating somehow. It's not believable that the guy comes up with big homeruns in the postseason again and again. And a short guy at that.

I have my suspicions too, but I can't take a firm stance without concrete evidence.

Well, I am slightly bothered that Houston will be back in the WS, because this generation of players will be always tied to the cheating scandal. A future Astros team, I will be okay with that. But not this team. But I won't be too bothered because the Orioles are already out, so I don't really care.

2 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Just a random opinion on a fan board: Altuve must still be cheating somehow. It's not believable that the guy comes up with big homeruns in the postseason again and again. And a short guy at that.

To paraphrase Brady, Why wouldn't he cheat all the time?

If he has some magic way to cheat..on the road..that lets him hit HR at will why not just hit 50 every regular season.

Stuff like this is why I don't mind if they win again, I love watching how salty people get.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2023 at 5:57 PM, Babkins said:

They say it’s never good when you remember the umpire’s name, but Dan Iassogna has been making one for himself this year. He’s working hard to get into that Angel Hernandez and Joe West tier.

The strike calls on Brandon Marsh's late-inning at-bat last night were among the worst I have ever seen.

• Upvote 1