Hydes Postgame Presser

ace20251

i really did not like hydes tone in the postgame press conference. he seemed like a guy who has never been here before, because he hasn't . he was so down about the loss it could set the wrong tone for a young team. you lose game 1, i get it,not ideal but its a best of 5 series and we have saw the O's come back in series before. come out, tell the media its one game ,don't look defeated and reassure your young team the series is far from over.

he is cussing in the dugout about gunnar getting caught stealing in game 1,this is not the nfl one and done.

lets hope they come out today and even it up,if not go to texas and win 2

• Confused 2

If we lose this series it is likely going to be because the offense doesn’t wake up.  I don’t understand anyone that would think it’s because the team is mentally weak or overwhelmed by the pressure.  This team has proven over and over again that it is unbowed by pressure.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, baltfan said:

If we lose this series it is likely going to be because the offense doesn’t wake up.  I don’t understand anyone that would think it’s because the team is mentally weak or overwhelmed by the pressure.  This team has proven over and over again that it is unbowed by pressure.  

Right. You don't get to be a MLB player in the first place if you don't handle pressure well. Most of what people consider "choking" is probably just natural variance over small sample sizes

5 hours ago, ace20251 said:

i really did not like hydes tone in the postgame press conference. he seemed like a guy who has never been here before, because he hasn't . he was so down about the loss it could set the wrong tone for a young team. you lose game 1, i get it,not ideal but its a best of 5 series and we have saw the O's come back in series before. come out, tell the media its one game ,don't look defeated and reassure your young team the series is far from over.

he is cussing in the dugout about gunnar getting caught stealing in game 1,this is not the nfl one and done.

Hyde was not the only one that was cussing about that play.

7 hours ago, ace20251 said:

He literally sounded like he always does in his press conferences. Not sure what exactly you're getting at...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

This was a 3-2 loss, and I can understand the emotion during a game thread, but good lord, it's baseball. Every team left is a great baseball team. Every team can beat any team on any given day. 

They're going to be ok. 

Yep. And all of the top teams (aside from the Astros) lost the first game in the series. I doubt Braves or Dodgers fans think the sky is falling.

46 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Yep. And all of the top teams (aside from the Astros) lost the first game in the series. I doubt Braves or Dodgers fans think the sky is falling.

Oh I guarantee you there are Dodgers and Braves fans that think the sky is falling after what happened to them last year. 

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Oh I guarantee you there are Dodgers and Braves fans that think the sky is falling after what happened to them last year. 

The sky isn’t falling, but you only get to lose twice in a five game seties if you want to win.  So, the O’s need to play better today.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The sky isn’t falling, but you only get to lose twice in a five game seties if you want to win.  So, the O’s need to play better today.  

ok.... lose twice in a five game series.  If anyone else writes that I move on understanding we all mistakes, when Frobby does I actually have to Google whether arithmetic changed... I mean, who knows, so many other things have. :)

17 minutes ago, Osornot said:

ok.... lose twice in a five game series.  If anyone else writes that I move on understanding we all mistakes, when Frobby does I actually have to Google whether arithmetic changed... I mean, who knows, so many other things have. :)

I meant what I said.  If we want to win the series, we can’t lose more than twice.  

By the way, every playoff series the O’s ever won, they lost either 0 or 1 game.  

5 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Right. You don't get to be a MLB player in the first place if you don't handle pressure well. Most of what people consider "choking" is probably just natural variance over small sample sizes

Gotta wonder about Kershaw though. His postseason struggles are not a small sample size at this point.