The Vibe is in Shambles

SilentJames

So here we sit in the cold leftovers of just a bummer of a weekend. The Orioles that showed up on Saturday and Sunday did not seem like the team that we have watched all summer. The team that generated just an immaculate vibe. 

Horrible pitching in game two, shockingly unclutch hitting in game one, miscommunication on the play in the late innings, and to top it all off noteable pest Zack Hemple claims he caught Gunnar's homer in the flag court. 

The vibe is in shambles my friends. 

What are we doing in the next 24 hours to bring it back? 

The Rangers have been streaky and that haven’t been long streaks of winning. They’ve got four in a row. We are one good starting pitching performance and a couple of timely hits away from them streaking in the other direction for a few games, which is all we need. 

Long shot, but there is hope. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

On a more serious note it appeared to me many of the players were pressing this weekend. They need to approach tomorrow night like it's a regular season game. Which in a playoff atmosphere is easier said than done, but the inexperience of this team is showing the past two games.

And I hope in the event that Kremer has a great start tomorrow the Orioles don't lift him in the fifth or sixth inning if he's still rolling because the analytics say go to the bullpen. The best path for the Orioles to foment a comeback is for the starters to go at least 6 innings, so they're not leaning too heavily on the bullpen.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

On a more serious note it appeared to me many of the players were pressing this weekend. They need to approach tomorrow night like it's a regular season game. Which in a playoff atmosphere is easier said than done, but the inexperience of this team is showing the past two games.

And I hope in the event that Kremer has a great start tomorrow the Orioles don't lift him in the fifth or sixth inning if he's still rolling because the analytics say go to the bullpen. The best path for the Orioles to foment a comeback is for the starters to go at least 6 innings, so they're not leaning too heavily on the bullpen.

How did it appear to you that they were pressing?