Fernando Cabrera

Delbird

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm lazy and didn't read the seven page thread on the guy. Can anyone give a brief overview of why this is someone we want?

Great upside...Biggest problems are walks and homers allowed...With those homers allowed, comes too many flyballs.

If he can become more of a GB pitcher, the homers come way down in all likelihood.

The idea of him working with Mazzone is a very good one and my guess is this is the reason his agent wants him to come here..That and a possibility of him closing next year.

I guess he can't be any worse than Baez. I'll take it. Sounds like a good move anyway if he's a low risk high reward guy.

He is certainly low risk high reward, and he is certainly better then Baez because he is young and cheap!

Great upside...Biggest problems are walks and homers allowed...With those homers allowed, comes too many flyballs.

If he can become more of a GB pitcher, the homers come way down in all likelihood.

The idea of him working with Mazzone is a very good one and my guess is this is the reason his agent wants him to come here..That and a possibility of him closing next year.

This bullpen could be very young and full of fireballers next year!

This bullpen could be very young and full of fireballers next year!

His career K rate is over 10!

BTW, in 91.1 IP in 2005 and 2006, his BB rate was 4.23...Certainly not great but not god awful.

This year it was awful(almost 6)...Last year, in his first real full year, it was 4.75.

Be good to see him in the 3.5-4 range.

Do that and get his HR rate way down and improve the gb/fb ratio and you have a guy who be a dominant reliever.

He would be under our control for a while as well.

He is a great pickup for us. Very low risk/high reward.

Archived