Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

WS fans wet their pants each time a new team is reported to be interested in Cease.  That should drive the price up.  Yet, the Braves, Reds, and Mets have all gone in different directions.   The WS supposed insider says teams are testing Getz resolve.  Heh?   What about the bidding frenzy?   Now we’re to believe the teams that want Cease are colluding against the WS.   No logic whatsoever.  It just depends on which way the wind is blowing in The Windy City.

Theres no bidding war Other teams have moved on beause theCWS are asking for to much.

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s the thing: we just need Cease to slot somewhere in our top 3.  He’s had a volatile career, but overall he’s been pretty good.  If he’s good enough to bump Kremer to no. 4, that’s sufficient.  If he’s better than Bradish and/or GRod, that’s a bonus.   

I’d say if we got Cease, there’s a 25% chance he’ll be better than both Bradish and GRod, a 50% chance he’ll be better than one of them, and a 25% chance that he’s worse than both of them.  

Where do you have Means in all of this, Please dont go to sleep on Him, I wont I remember How Good he was.

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

After pages and pages of me saying that Getz will have to come down in his demands and people yelling at me for acting like I know what’s going on, now they are saying well of course he isn’t going to get his initial ask.  FFS. 🤦‍♂️

But now they found an MLb article where some dipsh!t writer suggest Basallo+ for Cease and now that writer knows all.  You can’t make this stuff up.

I thought they were demanding Basallo but also thought he was a utility player.  I think they are valuing him based on 2022 prospect rating.

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Yes but its not just for one season, Grod has 5 years of control left, I'll take Grod over Cease every day, every time, this year included

That wasn’t the point of my reply. I was specially addressing that another poster said Cease would slot behind Rodriguez in our 2024 rotation. Service time, age, and additional years didn’t factor into the conversation. Cease is a better pitcher than Rodriguez right now. That was my point.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Here’s the thing: we just need Cease to slot somewhere in our top 3.  He’s had a volatile career, but overall he’s been pretty good.  If he’s good enough to bump Kremer to no. 4, that’s sufficient.  If he’s better than Bradish and/or GRod, that’s a bonus.   

I’d say if we got Cease, there’s a 25% chance he’ll be better than both Bradish and GRod, a 50% chance he’ll be better than one of them, and a 25% chance that he’s worse than both of them.  

Well, that's an opinion.   I would say there is a 90% chance that Bradish and GRod are better based on what they did in the 2nd half on 2023.  

Its not that Cease couldn't help the O's.  Its what Elias has to give  up to get him.

Edited by wildcard

12 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

That wasn’t the point of my reply. I was specially addressing that another poster said Cease would slot behind Rodriguez in our 2024 rotation. Service time, age, and additional years didn’t factor into the conversation. Cease is a better pitcher than Rodriguez right now. That was my point.

And I did say I'll take Grod over Cease This year as well.