Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Morosi’s theory on the Mariners sounds a little far-fetched to me, but with Dipoto at the helm, anything’s possible I guess.  

It sounds far fetched because you would think at least one of their young pitchers has to go in a Cease deal…so unless they trading 2 of them, I don’t see how it adds up. 

On top of that, the whole purpose for trading the pitching is to get bats.

Some of the posters on that WS board are saying Getz has a good relationship with Morosi. If that’s the case, what he’s reporting on this could be accurate…of course, it could also be bs as he tries to drive up the price, ala Heyman and Boras.

Either way, it sounds like they are talking and Cease is certainly at or near the top of their wish list.

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It sounds far fetched because you would think at least one of their young pitchers has to go in a Cease deal…so unless they trading 2 of them, I don’t see how it adds up. 

Yeah, they have three guys who are as good or better than Cease, two really good young guys with upside, and Ray coming back from TJ. Trading pitching for pitching makes no sense, and trading hitting for pitching makes even less sense. Unless Morosi has actually heard something I don't see it.

That whole Morosi update felt like it could have been directly from Getz, given what we’ve seen the WS board say about the ownership mandate to bring back pitching.

“The Os are making the most realistic offer but it has no quality pitching, we need to somehow draw in teams with a surplus of young pitchers to give us better options. Who better than Dipito and the Mariners.”

13 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

That whole Morosi update felt like it could have been directly from Getz, given what we’ve seen the WS board say about the ownership mandate to bring back pitching.

“The Os are making the most realistic offer but it has no quality pitching, we need to somehow draw in teams with a surplus of young pitchers to give us better options. Who better than Dipito and the Mariners.”

Then why not just trade with the Mariners. Control for longer is the Orioles friend in the current ownership situation.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Then why not just trade with the Mariners. Control for longer is the Orioles friend in the current ownership situation.

It’s kinda nonsensical. Trade pitchers to acquire a pitcher (who has to be in your rotation) to then allow you to trade what for hitters?

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

They apparently did ask the Reds for their two top pitching prospects in addition to 3 more players. They definitely want pitching back for Cease.

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

They apparently did ask the Reds for their two top pitching prospects in addition to 3 more players. They definitely want pitching back for Cease.

Well, that’s what they definitely wanted from Cinci and reportedly from LA. Doesn’t mean that’s what they want from us.

9 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Works for me.

Yes…Santander for Woo or Miller would be better but it still leaves you without that definitive third guy for the playoffs.

Would they be willing to move on from Kremer?  If so, they still have the prospects to add a starter or they could go the Bieber route, which won’t take nearly as much.

Certainly a decent amount of chatter after the holiday break. Gives me hope they’ll make a trade with one of these teams, or maybe even two if they include Kremer as SG has been alluding to.

Given Morosi is basically parroting Getz’s talking points, I hope that implies Getz is negotiating through the media and getting antsy.