Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Just assume that every team with a need for starting pitching and payroll space is involved.  You'll be much closer to right than wrong.

Correct. 

The bottom line is what level of prospect to lead the package are teams willing to give up.

If the Os are willing to put Cowser or Kjerstad in a trade, that will be tough to bet as a headliner.

If they aren’t willing to do that than the packages out there will be more quantity driven..at that point, other teams can easily be involved and be as good or better than the Os.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Who here is willing to make these trades for Cease,

A) Cowser, Kjerstad, and Povich 

B) Westburg, Cowser/Kjerstad, and Povich

C) Mayo, Povich, and Ortiz

D) Basallo, Povich, and Ortiz

If I have to do one then I’m doing B. 

I'll go with:

E) None of the above

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

B is the only one I'd consider, but I would want a low level starter upside pitching prospect added by the White Sox if they are getting three prospects of that caliber. 

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

A) Cowser, Kjerstad, and Povich   NO

B) Westburg, Cowser/Kjerstad, and Povich  NO

C) Mayo, Povich, and Ortiz   NO

D) Basallo, Povich, and Ortiz    NO

28 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree B is the best out of these options, but they’re all bad. I wouldn’t make any of these trades. 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

B is the only one I'd consider, but I would want a low level starter upside pitching prospect added by the White Sox if they are getting three prospects of that caliber. 

Would you do Westburg and Cowser?

I wish they'd add more BP depth than anything. Our pen is set for a pretty big regression and its' the main reason ZIPS has our overall pitching WAR so low. Our starters are "projected" to have more WAR with only 4 starters listed than TBR and .2 WAR less than BOS with 5 starters listed. Our pen is slated for less than 3 wins combined.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why isn’t a trade done then?  A trade would’ve been made if the cost were Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz, and Povich. 

We don’t know that. Elias may not be willing to trade one of those OFers for Cease.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Would you do Westburg and Cowser?

I feel like you only get one from a group of Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, or Ortiz. One of those guys headlines. And if they don't like it, they can shove it honestly. 

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wish they'd add more BP depth than anything. Our pen is set for a pretty big regression and its' the main reason ZIPS has our overall pitching WAR so low. Our starters are "projected" to have more WAR with only 4 starters listed than TBR and .2 WAR less than BOS with 5 starters listed. Our pen is slated for less than 3 wins combined.

I don't agree with that, if we add Wells to the pen and have a full season of Hall there as well.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yea I wish they would sign Stephenson, provided that you can get him for 3/30 or less.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I feel like you only get one from a group of Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, or Ortiz. One of those guys headlines. And if they don't like it, they can shove it honestly. 

The thing is, even if you value Ortiz as much as those guys (and I know some do), his actual value isn’t that of a guy who can headline a package for Cease or someone like him.

And because of that, he shouldn’t be lumped in with those guys.

Edited by Sports Guy