Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Ok …. 

Haskins was .268/.368/ .831 in 80 or so at bats at AAA. He’s a good defender in the OF. I’d like to see him develop some power. I’d agree he’d  need to in order to be more than a Joe Orsulak type. Cook will need to improve at the plate to have a real shot. But, he did hit 24 bombs and drive in 80. He strikes out a ton so he is a work in progress. 

Haskin walked 6 and struck out 34 times in 95 PA in Norfolk.   He just turned 25.  Billy Cook just turned 25.   No one is counting on these guys to be future regulars.   

13 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Not into Prog Metal?  Operation Mindcrime is a Rock Opera.  I love it.  

Can you really tell me you didnt like "Silent Lucidity"   I thought everyone loved that one.  

I think I may have found your You-Tube account. 😆

BP top 101:

Lower on Cowser than some although I don’t know where they had him before.

No Ortiz, Norby or any of the other fringe guys that we have discussed in this deal.  I am interested to see where these guys fall as the lists come out, even if it is just for discussion purposes.

Solidiying what many of us think we will see out of Mayo and Basallo ranking wise and why it’s laughable for WS fans to think they could acquire either of them.

Edited by Sports Guy

Interesting video snipett from Rosenthal yesterday (lost the link)-in discussing Cease/Orioles he quoted a source with the Orioles that there is some "urgency" to get a trade done now-they don't want to push it to the deadline.  The source from the Orioles thought they have a better chance now while the NYY etc.. are chasing free agents rather then the deadline when there are no FA and everyone is chasing a trade.  

3 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Interesting video snipett from Rosenthal yesterday (lost the link)-in discussing Cease/Orioles he quoted a source with the Orioles that there is some "urgency" to get a trade done now-they don't want to push it to the deadline.  The source from the Orioles thought they have a better chance now while the NYY etc.. are chasing free agents rather then the deadline when there are no FA and everyone is chasing a trade.  

Which is exactly why Getz isnt dropping his asking price right now, as he shouldn’t.

19 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

An underlying theme from WS fans is that because they need to get a lot for Cease, that means they should keep holding out for what they want even if no team is close to meeting a high asking price. It’s such a bad way of looking at this.  Would hope Getz isn’t that short sighted.

Which is exactly why Getz isnt dropping his asking price right now, as he shouldn’t.  (SportsGuy)

These two posts are by the same person.   He hopes Getz isn’t shortsighted enough to be holding out for a haul but he’s doing exactly what he should be doing by holding out. 😂

What is the holdup, exactly? They want Kjerstad or Mayo and we won't budge? I agree with not budging... If I'm the White Sox though, it feels like a game of chicken that they'll lose. We could make the decision to roll with Paxton/Wells/Irvin (+ Hall/Povich/McDermott/Johnson) at SP5. (That's a lot of legit options. (Or, if another trade option opens up with Burnes or Luzardo or whomever.)

They don't really have a lot of choices here, do they? With only one serious suitor they can either shift to a quantity play with just a ton of 2nd and 3rd tier guys coming back... or hold on to Cease until July and hope he looks more like 2022 than 2023. With the state of their organization they could fill a ton of holes with solid guys if they went quantity over quality.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

What is the holdup, exactly? They want Kjerstad or Mayo and we won't budge? I agree with not budging... If I'm the White Sox though, it feels like a game of chicken that they'll lose. We could make the decision to roll with Paxton/Wells/Irvin (+ Hall/Povich/McDermott/Johnson) at SP5. (That's a lot of legit options. (Or, if another trade option opens up with Burnes or Luzardo or whomever.)

They don't really have a lot of choices here, do they? With only one serious suitor they can either shift to a quantity play with just a ton of 2nd and 3rd tier guys coming back... or hold on to Cease until July and hope he looks more like 2022 than 2023. With the state of their organization they could fill a ton of holes with solid guys if they went quantity over quality.

Holding onto him is in play and could work out but it’s a gamble. We also have no idea who is off limits for Cease. We know the top 3 likely are. What about Cowser and Kjerstad? Westburg? If one of them aren’t available as a headliner, I don’t think we can get Cease. 

Ultimately, Getz can keep his price high right now but he will have to drop it to get a deal done. He doesn’t need to drop it now but he will have to because no one is giving him what he thinks he should get.

13 hours ago, emmett16 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2FiEaVuSZm/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

Kinda long and hitchy, but I believe in the player.  Will feel a lot better after a run of success next year.  

I like his timing mechanism in his lead foot.  When his heel touches, the rest of him moves.  You can see it most in the 1st and 5th swing.  

I liked his bat path on the high pitches better than the low ones.  The 1st swing was the worst IMO.  Low pitch, he did well adjusting his timing, but then the swing got long.  2nd and 3rd were the best swings.

• Upvote 1