Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, RZNJ said:

Are you kidding.  They fit right in over there.  They use Roll Tides posts to make fun of everyone else on here and they hate Sportsguys guts so he’s trying to pacify them by saying how dumb most of us are over here.

Now they are running with the ridiculous proposal of Santander and Mateo for Luzardo like the entire board thinks that's a real thing. Pretty embarrassing stuff.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Now they are running with the ridiculous proposal of Santander and Mateo for Luzardo like the entire board thinks that's a real thing. Pretty embarrassing stuff.

@Frobby stopped posting there.  Do you really want @Sports Guy and @Roll Tide as your representatives?   LOL

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@Frobby stopped posting there.  Do you really want @Sports Guy and @Roll Tide as your representatives?   LOL

I don’t give a rats ass what they think over there. Actually don’t care what guys think here. Quite frankly most of them are a bunch of goof balls. Especially the guy who keeps calling Joey Ortiz ….Nicky Ortiz. They are fixated on Mayo, Basallo, Holiday, Kjerstad. They have mentioned Yankees couple of top guys Jones and Hampton. If the Yankees were doing that they it would be done…They would pay Snell or Montgomery first.

They have it backward there. They NEED to trade Cease, we do not NEED to trade for Cease. Now, they don't understand that, they think we're toast without him, but yeah, they have the collective IQ of a box of rocks there it seems.

Edited by Malike
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

They have it backward there. They NEED to trade Cease, we do not NEED to trade for Cease. Now, they don't understand that, they think we're toast without him, but yeah, they have the collective IQ of a box of rocks there it seems.

Exactly.  They are nervous as all hell.  LOL

11 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think we need a starter … I just don’t think Cease is that guy. We need a good starter that can eat innings. He’s not that guy

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I think we need a starter … I just don’t think Cease is that guy. We need a good starter that can eat innings. He’s not that guy

The difference between an innings eater and not is about 2/3 of an inning per start.  With a better defense and a slight reduction in walks he could be.  Cease threw 177 innings and Gibson, the innings eater, threw 190.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The difference between an innings eater and not is about 2/3 of an inning per start.  With a better defense and a slight reduction in walks he could be.  Cease threw 177 innings and Gibson, the innings eater, threw 190.

You’re probably right …. I actually got accused of saying that I was suggesting Santander as the headliner in a Luzardo deal over there. Those guys will come up with anything to talk down to others.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

@Chicago White Sox is trolling hard on the Sox forums. It's laughable. He's again pointing to projections and acting like we should be scared. Bautista was a monster last year for us and I bet not a single one of those rocket scientists over there realize he blew 8 saves. We're going to be okay.

They keep insisting we're panicking here, this team is brimming with talent, I understand they have no clue what that looks like in Chicago, but they think we're a last-place team without Cease. I'm embarrassed for them reading some of the stupid comments over there.

They have no idea what young pitchers are going to do, but hey, if ZIPS projections are canon law, then yeah we're in big trouble. Legitimate bunch of clowns over there for the most part. Cease is an Ace....yeah in what world?

We are in an infinitely better position than they are. They keep talking about the AL East. This isn't 2019, we aren't playing each team 19 times with a balanced schedule.

There is more stupidity than I can handle over there, I don't know how you guys keep posting there lol.

It’s really is. In arguing with one of their posters who is trying to tell me that at least 17 teams have 4 better starters than Kremer and one of the teams was Tampa and he cited Baz and Bradley. Baz hasn’t pitched in a few years. Bradley had an ERA approaching 6 and he wants to keep Quoting FIP and Bradley had an FIP of almost 5.  And in supposed to take that analysis seriously?  

I don’t even like Kremer and I’m forced to argue for him because they literally think he’s not good at all despite the last year and a half saying he is solid.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s really is. In arguing with one of their posters who is trying to tell me that at least 17 teams have 4 better starters than Kremer and one of the teams was Tampa and he cited Baz and Bradley. Baz hasn’t pitched in a few years. Bradley had an ERA approaching 6 and he wants to keep Quoting FIP and Bradley had an FIP of almost 5.  And in supposed to take that analysis seriously?  

I don’t even like Kremer and I’m forced to argue for him because they literally think he’s not good at all despite the last year and a half saying he is solid.

No funnier than you agreeing with one of their turds that Cowser and Ortiz are spare parts.  

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You said no other team had 4 starters better than Dean Kremer.  They called you on it and asked “Are you calling Dean Kremer the best 4th starter in baseball”?   

You spent the next 20 posts twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to explain the difference as you see it.   Sad.   But funny.

White Sox fans are just like fans anywhere.  Their team is down right now, so they're anxious to see a quick turn-around.  I believe that they foresaw a bidding war for Cease and hoped for a bounty of MLB-ready and near-ready prospects.  Plenty of teams expressed interest, but the bidding war they hoped for just hasn't happened.  The Sox were just so high with their ask that most teams simply turned the page and explored other options.  Now the fans are frustrated.  Heck, we probably would be, too.  Trouble is, they had gotten their hopes up so high on what the return would be that it's difficult for them to even consider the reality that the market just isn't what they hoped it would be.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

No funnier than you agreeing with one of their turds that Cowser and Ortiz are spare parts.  

I didn’t. You just don’t get what im saying or anyone else. That isn’t different on any site I have had the misfortune of posting on with you.

4 minutes ago, Number5 said:

White Sox fans are just like fans anywhere.  Their team is down right now, so they're anxious to see a quick turn-around.  I believe that they foresaw a bidding war for Cease and hoped for a bounty of MLB-ready and near-ready prospects.  Plenty of teams expressed interest, but the bidding war they hoped for just hasn't happened.  The Sox were just so high with their ask that most teams simply turned the page and explored other options.  Now the fans are frustrated.  Heck, we probably would be, too.  Trouble is, they had gotten their hopes up so high on what the return would be that it's difficult for them to even consider the reality that the market just isn't what they hoped it would be.

I don't think they want a quick turnaround. They are looking for 20 year olds all with the upside of Machado or Holliday for Cease so when they do contend the guys will be mid 20's. They want nothing to do with the dinosaurs like Westburg and Kjerstad. 25 is ancient.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I don't think they want a quick turnaround. They are looking for 20 year olds all with the upside of Machado or Holliday for Cease so when they do contend the guys will be mid 20's. They want nothing to do with the dinosaurs like Westburg and Kjerstad. 25 is ancient.

Some want that but I think the rest of Number5’s post was spot on.  They hoped for a bidding war on Cease and an unbelievable prospect package.  Doesn’t look like it.