2024 Start Times

Sports Guy

These times are beyond stupid.  How are people supposed to get off work at 5 pm in the burbs and make the game for a 6:35 start?  Especially since there are still a good sized group of NOVA fans as well.  

4 pm on Saturday……..lol, ok.  

I bet the gate times are still 5:30 on weekdays.  

13 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

These times are beyond stupid.  How are people supposed to get off work at 5 pm in the burbs and make the game for a 6:35 start?  Especially since there are still a good sized group of NOVA fans as well. 

I doubt they’d be doing it if the majority of fans didn’t prefer it.  I know they did some surveys last offseason.   Not sure if they did any further testing after this season.  

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I doubt they’d be doing it if the majority of fans didn’t prefer it.  I know they did some surveys last offseason.   Not sure if they did any further testing after this season.  

I selfishly don't like it, I'm a displaced fan in the central time zone.  5:30 weeknight start times are rough for me, the games are usually over before I get home from the office.  But they should make decisions based on the people who might actually go to the games. 

7 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

4 pm on Saturday……..lol, ok.  

I bet the gate times are still 5:30 on weekdays.  

I love this.  Most fans that go to the game live within 45 minutes of the ballpark I would suspect.  The good thing is you can get home by 10:00 most evenings.  

9 hours ago, Big Mac said:

I selfishly don't like it, I'm a displaced fan in the central time zone.  5:30 weeknight start times are rough for me, the games are usually over before I get home from the office.  But they should make decisions based on the people who might actually go to the games. 

So DVR the game and skip all the ads.  Win-win!