Winter Meetings Thread

Roll Tide

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

In my opinion, nobody’s untouchable.  The price of certain guys is higher than for others, is all.  

I’m not down for trading any of Westburg, Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad, Basallo, and Mayo, for Cease or Luzardo. Those guys are too important to 2024+. I’m fine with Wells as the 5th SP and then targeting Stephenson/Kimbrel/Robertson to close. Hopefully, we’ll have the ammo, and there will be a TOR type available at the deadline if need be. I don’t think we should give up one of the guys above just because we’re stacked and there is 7 wild cards in each league. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m not down for trading any of Westburg, Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad, Basallo, and Mayo, for Cease or Luzardo. Those guys are too important to 2024+. I’m fine with Wells as the 5th SP and then targeting Stephenson/Kimbrel/Robertson to close. Hopefully, we’ll have the ammo, and there will be a TOR type available at the deadline if need be. I don’t think we should give up one of the guys above just because we’re stacked and there is 7 wild cards in each league. 

You wouldn't trade Cowser or Kjerstad straight up for Luzardo?  That's hard to believe.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Early reports are this is not a good year to have the top pick but things change so who knows.  

We should have 3 picks in the top 35 and the Orioles have done pretty good with picks in that range.  Should be a fun draft for us.

I would also not put it past Elias to flip some of our spare parts like Urias/Mateo/Norby/Stowers/Vavra/Mckenna in some combo for a comp pick from a team that has one. Better to get the comp pick and pick from a whole draft of players. 

The experts and sports reports are about as accurate as the weathermen at predicting the future.  Sports reporters this will be very fast moving offseason and expect lots to happen.  Weathermen this will be a very active hurricane season maybe one of the worst.  We are almost to mid December and not much of anything happened and all we got was a few hurricanes spinning around out in the ocean.