Is Luzardo a realistic target?

Frobby

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I would do that deal …but I’d like to get Berry instead of Cappe. We don’t need a 2B and the guy appears to be a mess.

Seriously?  You ere complaining about the second piece and asking for a much larger piece?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No one is offering anything..it’s just a guy throwing something at the wall.

No Duh!

If their GM proposed that deal I’d swap Cappe for one of the pitchers. You seem like you’re trying to nitpick my every post. 

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Wow, these hypothetical trade ideas seem to REALLY undervalue Luzardo. It's almost like the author is going out of his way to not be considered a blind homer. I can't imagine a Luzardo deal wouldn't have to include one of Mayo, Westburg, or Basallo. Same with the Red Sox and one of Casas, Duran, or Mayer.

3 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Wow, these hypothetical trade ideas seem to REALLY undervalue Luzardo. It's almost like the author is going out of his way to not be considered a blind homer. I can't imagine a Luzardo deal wouldn't have to include one of Mayo, Westburg, or Basallo. Same with the Red Sox and one of Casas, Duran, or Mayer.

It’s not a slam dunk that Westburg has more value than Cowser.

27 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

So you don’t think 2 Top 50 prospects and the Orioles #21 prospect is enough?  Perhaps we need to add a 4th ….but that’s a pretty good haul.

22 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So you don’t think 2 Top 50 prospects and the Orioles #21 prospect is enough?  Perhaps we need to add a 4th ….but that’s a pretty good haul.

If hes even available, for my money hes worth more than Cease so Mayo or Basillo would probably have to headline and they should consider it

2 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

If hes even available, for my money hes worth more than Cease so Mayo or Basillo would probably have to headline and they should consider it

I don’t see it happening…. Who is going to offer more? The Red Sox could offer Mayer and Rafaela along with 2 lesser guys. Mayer is further away and was poor at AA offensively. 

I think that is a likely the problem. Is anyone in our top 5 available? I’ve seen guys here speculate Cowser and Ortiz. But, it’s possible none are available. 

12 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I agree Luzardo is worth more. But just because CWS have unrealistic demands, doesn't mean Miami will too.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not a slam dunk that Westburg has more value than Cowser.

You're right, it's not. In hindsight I probably should have left it at Mayo and Basillo. Either way all of the deals the writer proposed seem very light. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t see it happening…. Who is going to offer more? The Red Sox could offer Mayer and Rafaela along with 2 lesser guys. Mayer is further away and was poor at AA offensively. 

I think that is a likely the problem. Is anyone in our top 5 available? I’ve seen guys here speculate Cowser and Ortiz. But, it’s possible none are available. 

IF nothing north of the speculated Cease return (Cowser, Ortiz) is available if I'm the marlins that's a quick no. I Dont see it happening either because he may not be available but if he was hes going to cost. Cowser, ortiz I'd do that.

44 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

No, I don't Luzardo should command more than Cease and what author proposed is basically Cease-like package. If I was the Marlins I would hang up the phone of the Orioles said Mayo and Basillo were both off limits.