Who is a prospect you hope isn’t traded…

Sports Guy

I don't know where they make the rankings and they're technically not still "prospects", but I hope to keep Westburg and DL Hall. Povich, Johnson, and Fabian are also some that I like.

But if the price is right and we were to get a top starting pitcher in the league like Corbin Burnes,  I would be able to manage if I had to detach myself from those players due to a trade.

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

It’s a long shot for any prospect to break out the way Basallo did last year but I’m certainly hopeful that Tavera, Soto, or Arias breaks out in a way that puts them into top 100 conversations next year.   

I think there’s a decent enough chance.  

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

Before I saw your caveat (i.e. outside the top five) I was going to say Kjerstad because I think he has JD Martinez like upside. Outside of the top the top five it would probably be one the pitchers since we have such little depth in that area. 

This.  I really hope we don't trade any legit pitching prospects this offseason since we already have so few.  I know we didn't trade any top pitching prospects at the deadline, but 3 of the 4 prospects we traded were pitchers in order to obtain two veteran rentals.  That's just perpetuating the problem and the need to acquire more pitching.  Developing pitchers is a war of attrition and you need quantity to overcome the inevitable flameouts and injuries.