Spring Breakout

btdart20

Not sure how I feel about this. While it sounds cool, I worry about taking prospects out of their routine and having them suddenly try and showcase themselves vs trying to work on things to get ready for the season.

I mean it's not as bad as the WBC during spring training, but I'm still not a huge fan.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not sure how I feel about this. While it sounds cool, I worry about taking prospects out of their routine and having them suddenly try and showcase themselves vs trying to work on things to get ready for the season.

I mean it's not as bad as the WBC during spring training, but I'm still not a huge fan.

Although it takes place over 4 days, I think it’s just one game per team.  Shouldn’t be too disruptive. 

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Although it takes place over 4 days, I think it’s just one game per team.  Shouldn’t be too disruptive. 

I hope so. It'll be interesting who see who the Orioles send. i mean we all imagine Holliday, but maybe not if he's in big league spring training going for a job.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I hope so. It'll be interesting who see who the Orioles send. i mean we all imagine Holliday, but maybe not if he's in big league spring training going for a job.

Both the “real” game and the “prospects” game are in Bradenton on the same day.  I’d guess they’ll have Holliday play in the prospects game.  

On 12/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tony-OH said:

Jake Rill's latest blog post features this enticing O's lineup. How incredible is it to have such positional balance that the entire top ten (and at that, baseball's best) can feature in one lineup!

rill.png