Birdland Caravan 2024

Lol. People gotta stop expecting much of anything from these things. Every year people get all mad about some detail. Or they're like "I liked it when it used to be this". Ok sure but you still complained when it was like that, too, bro. 

Then it always takes up like 12 Roch blogs because he has to be the PR guy. Annoying. 

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol. People gotta stop expecting much of anything from these things. Every year people get all mad about some detail. Or they're like "I liked it when it used to be this". Ok sure but you still complained when it was like that, too, bro. 

Then it always takes up like 12 Roch blogs because he has to be the PR guy. Annoying. 

I went to Fanfest for close to a decade and was never disappointed.  It was a great event.  I haven’t been to a Caravan event, partly because they don’t come anywhere near the area I live and also I just don’t find these formats as interesting or worth my time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I went to Fanfest for close to a decade and was never disappointed.  It was a great event.  I haven’t been to a Caravan event, partly because they don’t come anywhere near the area I live and also I just don’t find these formats as interesting or worth my time.  

I know three teams are doing and have done a caravan. All are also doing a fanfest. Rangers,Cardinals and Twins  A quick  look and about 15 teams are doing a Fanfest or whatever they call it.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

To be fair you're probably not really the target demographic for the Caravans (even if you lived closer). I'm not defending the poor management of these events (players dropping out, etc.),  but I don't mind them trying something different and getting out into the communities a bit. That said, they really should do a Fanfest AND the Caravan. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I really feel bad for the people who signed up to attend these events just to see some players, who are now dropping out.

Seems like the players dislike these things as much as some of the fans do. They are working in the direction of doing nothing going forward.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yep, when my son was younger we went to many a Fanfest and we came down from north of New York City. We absolutely loved it!

interesting that now the first event with 98 Rock. has all these players. But almost all of them are not listed at any other Caravan event. Maybe some will be added as the week goes on.   Means is now back. Maybe because he is a big Chiefs fan and is going to the game  I know when I spoke to him a few years back for a playoff game with the Chiefd and Ravens but the Ravens didn't advance. He was going to fly in for the game.

Featuring: Danny Coulombe, Colton Cowser, EVP/GM Mike Elias, Manager Brandon Hyde, John Means, Ryan Mountcastle, Grayson Rodriguez, Jacob Webb

Edited by Going Underground

29 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Austin Hays name is no longer listed on some of the Caravan events 

Quite a few names have been removed from these events....... just shortly after they were posted.   Pretty disappointing.

We now have competing caravans.

In addition to Orioles Caravan, the Ravens will have a caravan all day Friday in anticipation of the AFC Championship Game.   Cheerleaders / mascots / marching band will make 4 appearances in Howard County in the morning (Reckless Shepherd Brewing, a Dunkin in Jessup, the Safeway in Ellicott City, and the Verizon store on Snowden River Parkway).   And then 4 appearances in Baltimore in the afternoon/evening (Wayward Bar & Kitchen, James Joyce Irish Pub, Waterfront Hotel, and Claddagh Pub).

Also,  the 98 Rock morning show (Justin, Scott, and Speigel) was already slated to do their morning show as part of the Orioles Caravan Thursday (5:30 am to 10:00 am) from a taco place in Columbia in the Meriwether district.   Now they are also doing their morning show Friday (6-10 am) as part of the Ravens Caravan from Reckless Shepherd, also in Columbia.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Obviously the timing in regards to the Ravens hurts.

But it sure seems to me there is considerably less buzz locally about this Caravan than about the previous two.

Well let's see.

You take away the informal Q & A events.

Your biggest stars are never attached to any of the events.

Many of the next wave of players people would want to see end up canceling after a week or so of being announced.   You don't allow for autographs or "photos with individual players."

Yeah I think I understand why interest might be down.

#BringBackFanFest