• 3B) Westburg SS) Henderson. 2B) Urias
    • 3B) Henderson. SS) Mateo 2B) Westburg
    • 3B) Mayo. SS) Henderson. 2B) Westburg
    • 3B) Westburg. SS) Henderson. 2B) Holliday
    • 3B) Henderson. SS) Holliday. 2B) Westburg
    • 3B) Westburg. SS) Henderson 2B) Ortiz
    • None of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/24 at 02:30

We pretty much know the Opening Day outfield, barring injuries, but the infield is a completely different animal.   Who, if anyone, will be traded?   Where do they see certain players in the future?   Lots of possibilities as you can see.   Do your best with the tea leaves we’ve been provided.

• Upvote 1

I still see Henderson, Urias, Ortiz, and Westburg shuffling between 2B, 3B, and SS each day. Gunnar plays every day. Urias hits righties better. Ortiz and Westburg hit lefties better. It's a nice-looking group until Holiday and Mayo arrive.

Facing the Angels on Opening Day we'll probably start with a lefty: Ried Detmers

So probably:

2B: Westburg

SS: Henderson

3B: Ortiz

(But I voted before I thought about who we'd be facing)

Edited by TommyPickles

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Gunnar SS, Westburg 2B,  Ortiz 3B

That’s one of the choices and you voted “none of the above”.   Thanks for playing.

You do know that Gunnar’s last name is Henderson?  😀

Edited by RZNJ

I honestly don’t care. Like, I’m sure we’ll see Jackson Holliday and Gunnar Henderson turn a double play this year at some point and think it’s the best thing ever. 

Opening Day roster means nothing. They start the roster shuffling after the first or second series.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I honestly don’t care. Like, I’m sure we’ll see Jackson Holliday and Gunnar Henderson turn a double play this year at some point and think it’s the best thing ever. 

Opening Day roster means nothing. They start the roster shuffling after the first or second series.

Thanks.  For nothing.

I think Mateo is tapped as the odd man out, either before or during Spring Training, and gets traded for a lotto ticket. We go with Henderson, Ortiz, and Westburg around the infield with Urias as the backup. That’s not only the best defensive combo, but near the youngest. No hard feelings towards Mateo and Urias, but it’s time to move on from both. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe

Barring any trades, my personal preference is to see Gunnar at 3B, Ortiz at SS, and Westburg at 2B, which is probably our best offense/defense combo in the infield..  However, for the vote I predicted Hyde/Elias will go with Urias at 3B, Gunnar at SS, and Westburg at 2B.

I want Urias/Mateo traded in the offseason unless Ortiz is traded.  We don't need 3 utility IF.  I think Elias goes with Urias at 3B at least part time if Ortiz is not traded.  That's why I went with Urias 3B, Gunnar SS, and Westburg 2B.  Elias will find some excuse to keep Holliday in AAA. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Spring Training but we might not see because MASN broadcast very few games.

As noted, we should face a lefty on opening day.  I think they'll start the season as they finished last year:

3b Henderson

SS Mateo

2b Westburg

As has also been noted, I expect that to change as the season progresses.