New hat leak?

Snutchy

5 minutes ago, HandsomeQuack said:

Uni Watch has reported today that the hat in question is the new BP cap, which is not the same as the Spring Training cap. So there you go. No new alt.

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/07/2024-mlb-batting-practice-cap-collection-appears-online/

That sucks.  It’s a nice looking cap.

As other have said, the O’s cap has to go. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:31 AM, Roy Firestone said:

I'll say it again, as I've always said it. The Orioles have NEVER been to or WON a World Series wearing a hat other than the cartoon bird.The cartoon bird hat is the ONLY hat I accept or recognise. The rest , the stupid"O's" hat, or the other bird hats are a waste of time, and nothing more than another attempt to merchandise a mediocre logo. ONLY the cartoon bird represents tradition and excellence. I'd never ever buy any other hat or logo.

@Roy Firestone

um Roy… This is absolutely correct but…there is another problem. The Orioles also have NEVER been to or WON a World Series without Jim Palmer on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 11:36 AM, HandsomeQuack said:

Uni Watch has reported today that the hat in question is the new BP cap, which is not the same as the Spring Training cap. So there you go. No new alt.

https://uni-watch.com/2024/02/07/2024-mlb-batting-practice-cap-collection-appears-online/

Can someone please explain to me why Oakland has an elephant on their hat?  I can't think of a more un"Athletic" animal. 

18 hours ago, foxfield said:

@Roy Firestone

um Roy… This is absolutely correct but…there is another problem. The Orioles also have NEVER been to or WON a World Series without Jim Palmer on the roster. 

I'm holding out hope that as long as Jim Palmer is on the MASN roster, that we still have a shot at another WS title. As wiser people than me have said, I'm stitious, but not superstitious.

That said, I do love the classic cartoon bird and yet, I have an undiagnosed Orioles' hat addiction. Thus, I will also buy any baseball hat remotely connected to my baseball team. Apologies in advance if anyone sees me with a non-Disney cartoonist designed bird on my bill.

Edited by Orioles West
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 11:42 AM, ArtVanDelay said:

That sucks.  It’s a nice looking cap.

As other have said, the O’s cap has to go. 

Best thing I learned on this thread is the unpopularity of the O's cap among OH posters. I thought it was only a small minority that disliked the O's logo cap.

On 2/7/2024 at 11:48 AM, SilentJames said:

Booo, on a side note - my God the A's Elephant is wearing sunglasses

I'm pretty sure I've seen the elephant with glasses before, maybe in the Bash Brothers era.

Someone probably came up with the design then (and resurrected now) for spring training marketing (spring games being in warm climes).

I generally am with a lot of folks on this thread, and on OH, that the Friday night O's cap with black top and orange bill is a dud (with the upside down apostrophe), BUT the spring training cap in orange with the black "O's" is actually quite good in my opinion. Maybe it was the color scheme of the game cap with the O is what turned me off. I like this one below a lot. 

7M4AvtL.png

• Upvote 1