Orioles close to acquiring Corbin Burnes (Update: Acquired for Joey Ortiz and DL Hall)

ThisIsBirdland

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I hope the White Sox are melting down and Getz realizes he was asking for too much. 

Someone at pale Sox talk hilariously suggested Cease should be worth 1.5 or 2 times this package. Others have said Getz overplayed his hand.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think we were all pretty big on Hall this year. Sometimes you have to make tough choices and if they think they can get 60+ innings out of Irvin or someone else in the pen then I get it. I do hope they add another relief pitcher as well.

Yeah I like the deal overall, just think there is a clear need for quality relief innings now and not entirely sure how they are covered if not from outside the org.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I just looked..one person said maybe the Os will still get Cease and then people were questioning if he had the balls to do it.  Lol

I know everyone is biased … but they were NEVER getting anything close to what they wanted from us lol

Man, I love this trade.  I'll be rooting for Ortiz and Hall.  But we traded from the surplus of infielders, Hall is far from a sure thing, and we kept all of our big time prospects.  A one-two punch of Bradish and Burnes is awesome.

The comp pick is a wash since we'll get one when Burnes leaves anyway.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Tony-OH said:

What a couple of days. It's almost like the sports Gods decided that the Ravens loss must have been the offering they needed.

Two years of Corbin Burnes without giving up one of the top five prospects? Yes please!!!

One year..but still

Just now, Tony-OH said:

What a couple of days. It's almost like the sports Gods decided that the Ravens loss must have been the offering they needed.

Two years of Corbin Burnes without giving up one of the top five prospects? Yes please!!!

1 year left.