ACC POY, First-Team, COY and ROY

YardBirds13

Nope...I just make things up. I guess I missed the part where I said Douglas was no good.

I guess my post came off harsher than I meant it to.

I'm just really surprised anyone who has watched a lot of ACC Hoops this season could possibly leave Douglas off. To me, he and Hansbrough are the two locks, and the others are debatable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess my post came off harsher than I meant it to.

I'm just really surprised anyone who has watched a lot of ACC Hoops this season could possibly leave Douglas off. To me, he and Hansbrough are the two locks, and the others are debatable.

Lawson is a lock too. Best point guard on the best team. And before you ask, yes, even with all of the great guards in the league.

Lawson is a lock too. Best point guard on the best team. And before you ask, yes, even with all of the great guards in the league.

I think Lawson is a lock to actually be on the team too, again, just not sure who I would take off mine to put him in there.

You might be able to talk me into putting him in over Teague, but I'm not taking McClinton or Douglas off my team. Those guys ARE their teams, and have gotten them into the tournaments.

I always value a guy who can carry a team on their shoulders. Not that Lawson couldn't do it, because I love Lawson, I just think it's a lot easier to play point guard when you are playing with an entire team of All-Americans.

I think this is a tribute to how good the ACC is this year, when you look at the terrific guard play around the league.

I mean Lawson, McClinton, Douglas, Rice, Teague have all had seasons that are First Team All-Conference quality seasons. Is there a conference that can put together guards like that? I mean, who are the best 5 guards in the Big East? I'm not sure it matters, with the seasons those 5 guys have had.

I think Lawson is a lock to actually be on the team too, again, just not sure who I would take off mine to put him in there.

You might be able to talk me into putting him in over Teague, but I'm not taking McClinton or Douglas off my team. Those guys ARE their teams, and have gotten them into the tournaments.

I always value a guy who can carry a team on their shoulders. Not that Lawson couldn't do it, because I love Lawson, I just think it's a lot easier to play point guard when you are playing with an entire team of All-Americans.

I think this is a tribute to how good the ACC is this year, when you look at the terrific guard play around the league.

I mean Lawson, McClinton, Douglas, Rice, Teague have all had seasons that are First Team All-Conference quality seasons. Is there a conference that can put together guards like that? I mean, who are the best 5 guards in the Big East? I'm not sure it matters, with the seasons those 5 guys have had.

Great points all around. Lawson has carried at times, but I see your point as far as playing with a bunch of superstars.

You could have a 5 guard team really...But when considering Henderson's potential at the next level (Dwyane Wade), he has to be there too.

Great points all around. Lawson has carried at times, but I see your point as far as playing with a bunch of superstars.

You could have a 5 guard team really...But when considering Henderson's potential at the next level (Dwyane Wade), he has to be there too.

Oh no question. I think Henderson is incredible. I mean Singler has had a great year too. So haven't James Johnson and Trevor Booker.

I can't remember a year where I've had so much trouble deciding on a First-Team.

BTW, Rice hit a huuuuuuuge 3 to beat FSU for BC tonight. This thing could go to the wire!

Oh no question. I think Henderson is incredible. I mean Singler has had a great year too. So haven't James Johnson and Trevor Booker.

I can't remember a year where I've had so much trouble deciding on a First-Team.

BTW, Rice hit a huuuuuuuge 3 to beat FSU for BC tonight. This thing could go to the wire!

I didn't see much of the game tonight, you know, with our boy speaking to Congress and all. I'll check out highlights on ESPN when I can.

I didn't see much of the game tonight, you know, with our boy speaking to Congress and all. I'll check out highlights on ESPN when I can.

I watched most of the speech, then caught the end of the game.

Rice and Douglas were just going back and forth at each other, great game.

BC should be a lock for the tourney now, I would think.

Looks to me like it's gonna be Miami, Maryland, and Virginia Tech battling for probably 1-2 spots.

I know this sounds crazy....but what if the following happens:

Miami beats UVa, NC State, and GT to end their season. That gets them to 8-8. They win their first round ACC tourney game. Gotta think they are in.

VT splits road games at Clemson and FSU, but also splits their home games against Duke/UNC. That puts them at 8-8 also. They win their first round ACC tourney game. Gotta think they are in.

Maryland beats one of Duke/Wake, and takes care of business against NC State and UVA on the road. They win their first round game. Gotta think they are in.

Could the ACC get 9 teams in the tournament???

(Just realized that if Miami and VT both go 8-8, chances are they would play each other in the 8-9 game. That would basically amount to a play-in game at that point right? How much fun would that be for noon on a Thursday! :D)

I watched most of the speech, then caught the end of the game.

Rice and Douglas were just going back and forth at each other, great game.

BC should be a lock for the tourney now, I would think.

Looks to me like it's gonna be Miami, Maryland, and Virginia Tech battling for probably 1-2 spots.

I know this sounds crazy....but what if the following happens:

Miami beats UVa, NC State, and GT to end their season. That gets them to 8-8. They win their first round ACC tourney game. Gotta think they are in.

VT splits road games at Clemson and FSU, but also splits their home games against Duke/UNC. That puts them at 8-8 also. They win their first round ACC tourney game. Gotta think they are in.

Maryland beats one of Duke/Wake, and takes care of business against NC State and UVA on the road. They win their first round game. Gotta think they are in.

Could the ACC get 9 teams in the tournament???

(Just realized that if Miami and VT both go 8-8, chances are they would play each other in the 8-9 game. That would basically amount to a play-in game at that point right? How much fun would that be for noon on a Thursday! :D)

9 teams? Wow, that would be crazy, but sure, anything is possible. 18 teams between the Big East and ACC? Although you're right, they wouldn't put a team that doesn't get past Thursday in the tourney, would they?

9 teams? Wow, that would be crazy, but sure, anything is possible. 18 teams between the Big East and ACC? Although you're right, they wouldn't put a team that doesn't get past Thursday in the tourney, would they?

I mean, what if VT won 3 of those last 4 games? They beat, say, Clemson AND FSU on the road, and got one of Duke/UNC at home.

I mean, if they ended the season like that, they could still make the dance if they lost on Thursday right??

I mean, what if VT won 3 of those last 4 games? They beat, say, Clemson AND FSU on the road, and got one of Duke/UNC at home.

I mean, if they ended the season like that, they could still make the dance if they lost on Thursday right??

Too crazy to even think about really. It will be fun to watch it all play out.

Too crazy to even think about really. It will be fun to watch it all play out.

Agreed, I must admit, it is a little nice knowing we are out of it so there isn't any pressure. I'm looking forward to Sylven and the boys playing spoiler the next few weeks (we usually play well on Senior Night in Charlottesville, although, this year, I think everyone will be happy to waive goodbye to Mamadi Diane).

Also, big game for my Dukes tomorrow night, VCU is in the Burg!

We got good news that our Freshman point guard Devon Moore, who hurt his wrist last week, should be back for the CAA Tournament. That would have been a huge blow to us in trying to make some noise in Richmond. We may actually be the most healthy we have been all year for the tournament, because it will be the first time we have had Moore, James, and Semenov all healthy since like, December.

Agreed, I must admit, it is a little nice knowing we are out of it so there isn't any pressure. I'm looking forward to Sylven and the boys playing spoiler the next few weeks (we usually play well on Senior Night in Charlottesville, although, this year, I think everyone will be happy to waive goodbye to Mamadi Diane).

Also, big game for my Dukes tomorrow night, VCU is in the Burg!

We got good news that our Freshman point guard Devon Moore, who hurt his wrist last week, should be back for the CAA Tournament. That would have been a huge blow to us in trying to make some noise in Richmond. We may actually be the most healthy we have been all year for the tournament, because it will be the first time we have had Moore, James, and Semenov all healthy since like, December.

Yea, I'll be rooting for JMU for ya. My buddy has to have his ballot in for ALL CAA and stuff. I always help him with it, which is kind of cool. I'll look at the stats and put some Dukes on it.

Yea, I'll be rooting for JMU for ya. My buddy has to have his ballot in for ALL CAA and stuff. I always help him with it, which is kind of cool. I'll look at the stats and put some Dukes on it.

Yeah, not sure any Dukes deserve to be First-Team CAA this year. Don't want you making undeserved votes!

Julius Wells and Devon Moore should both be first-team All-Freshman. Wells should win CAA ROY, IMO. That guy has been incredible this year.

I'm biased, but Matt Brady really should get some consideration for COY, even though I know he won't win it.

The season started by having the guy who was Pre-Season 2nd-Team CAA get hurt, and he only played in like 7 games, and has missed almost the entire season. Juwann James missed something like 10 games, and that guys is our leading scorer and rebounder. Our PG, Moore, and one of our forwards, Semenov, have both missed time due to injuries.

He took over a program that hadn't had a winning season since, hell, I don't even know to be honest. And now, not only will they be above .500, but they have a really good chance at winning 20 games!

And ,although Eric Maynor will and should win CAA POY, it's Senior Night tomorrow night for Kyle Swanston and Juwann James in Harrisonburg, and I know they'd love nothing more than to end their JMU careers by beating VCU for the second straight year at home. Those two have had it so rough in their time at JMU, I'm really happy for them that they are getting to experience a positive year in their final one. While Kyle is a, hmm, let's see how to put this, less than cool guy....Juwann is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Works his you know what off, and gives it his all out there. I mean, the guy COLLAPSED on the court during a game this year, was diagnosed with a serious heart condition, and (with doctor's approval, of course) has already gotten back on the court.

I realize my time at JMU wasn't exactly the glory years at JMU, but Juwann James is always going to have a special place to me as a sports fan. From getting to meet him and talk to him multiple times, and him being the heart and soul of the first really competitive team I've known at JMU, the guy is just gonna mean something to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Lawson is the POY

Landesburg is ROY

Hamilton COY

First team:

TH

Henderson

McClinton

Lawson

Douglass

Second team:

Booker

Teague

Vazquez

Singler

Rice

Third team:

James Johnson

Malcolm Delaney

A.D. Vassallo

Danny Green

Gani Lawal

What a strong league. I don't disagree with any of the selections.

Archived